Originally Posted by Margaret393
Hi Mary there can be many reasons for UNEVEN BAKING in a convection oven:
- Oven door seal may need replacing
- Worn door hinges - check that door is closing properly
- Oven overloaded or baking pans too large - prevents even distribution of heat
- Check that oven racks are NOT positioned too close together
- Faulty thermostat
- One of the elements may need replaced
Hope this helps!
Thanks for the pointers. I'm definetely not over crowding. The whole oven over browns on the right side and the top & bottom shelves. I find my self only putting in 2 half sheet pans on the middle shelves on the left. So not effiecient with my time. The 2 racks that I do use are about 4 inches apart. When I bake cookies they are over brown & close to raw in the middle. I don't make those over sized gourmet cookies. I'm talking about regular sized drop cookies & even my 1/4" roll out sugar.
The owner told me to just lower the temp on the oven about 25 degrees. When I do that it seems make cakes are not rising as they should.
I'm looking for a new kitchen to rent. This owner is not set up as a baking kitchen and pretty unresponsive.
Thanks for all the pointers & help!