I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times- I've been unable to find ideas in other threads. I have been asked to teach a very basic fondant class for my church women's group. I just found out that my alloted time is only 1 hour, and I'm struggling to figure out what to teach in the class. I am planning to use marshmallow fondant and giving them the recipe to use at home.... but am kinda at a loss after that. I could use any and all suggestions! Thanks in advance :)
Related Forum Threads
- How much fondant do I need for a 2 tier cake (8" and 4") ? Last post on 4/9/13 at 4:04am in Cake Decorating
- How do I achieve this effect? Last post on 12/19/12 at 1:14pm in Cake Decorating
- spots in fondant??? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:42pm in Cake Decorating
- Please Help! My red fondant turned orange overnight! Last post on 12/20/12 at 1:34pm in Cake Decorating
- Covering this cake with fondant? Last post on 12/18/12 at 1:41pm in Cake Decorating
MMF-EASY PEASY! Made Using a Kitchenaid Mixer
Last edited: 2/14/10
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
Christmas cake plaques? Cut out a nice shaped plaque with a cutter and then get them to colour and cut out small christmas theme shapes (if you have those sort of cutters). You could either cut and dry the plaques in advance or provide them with stiff card to take them home on and let them do it themselves in the class. They could experiment with lustre dust or texturing the fondant as well, and even piping Merry Christmas if they're game. Otherwise unless you're planning to sculpt some sort of figure or flower you really need something to put the fondant on so you could decorate cupcakes or biscuits - colouring, texturing and cutting out rounds and smaller shapes to embellish. HTH
Teach them to colour some fondant, cover a cupcake with a circle of fondant, and add a couple of cutout blossoms, or the roses where you cut three circles and roll them together - what are those called again? Or ribbon roses.
I'd have the cupcakes already with smooth buttercream or ganache on them.
You might start with the basics. . .unless everyone in the class has already used fondant. Teach them to make MMF and then how to cover a small round cake. You might even have time to show how to put a simple border and a flower cut out or two on it. Some people seem to have a difficult time making MMF, so starting there might be the best place.
I would suggest taking cupcakes and showing them how to cover them with fondant and then a small cut out for a decoration. In the two hour class I took we covered two small cakes, but it was not an easy task. We brought in the cakes already covered with buttercream, then we had to soften the fondant and roll it, and then we went ahead and covered the cakes. The decorations had been previously made and we pasted them with icing. PM me to firstname.lastname@example.org if you want more information.
- Teaching a fondant class... in just one hour!
Cake Central Top Picks
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 4 minutes ago
- › Family Drama and a Wedding Cake. 15 minutes ago
- › Standing Minion Cake Question 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 9/19/14 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Does Anyone Combine SMBC & Ganache? 2 hours, 48 minutes ago
- › Customer put fans on the cake to cool it down... 3 hours, 34 minutes ago
- › Advise welcome!!!! 3 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › To refrigerate or not, that is the question... 3 hours, 51 minutes ago
- › cake pricing 5 hours, 53 minutes ago
- › Gold Gumpaste (?) hearts on side of cake 6 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones