- 35 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/13/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
crazy cake.weekpost #1 of 511/10/12 at 4:58amThread StarterNo question here . Just a vent. Most weeks i have one or two cake orders and on the ones i dont i make a practice cake. I really need to work on my stacking. But this week between now and next sunday i have seven orders. Maybe i need to lean to say no. If i make it through this week it will be a miracle.It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .It takes lots of practice and a love of cake decorating .
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 511/10/12 at 4:15pmpost #3 of 511/10/12 at 4:37pmThread StarterThank you !!!!!! I need to remember this is supose to be something i enjoy. I go for weeks with no orders at all then all of the sudden seven cakes. My daughter in law has offered to help . I am very thankful for her.post #4 of 511/11/12 at 4:12am
good planning will get you through. I also started taking more orders and in the beginning it was so daunting, now 7-8 cake week is the same as a 3 cake week
I find that making a list and setting out the work on each cake makes it so much easier. I then see what jobs can be combined, like making the same filling etc. I also see if there is anything that can be done ahead, colouring fondant ect. Then I make a detailed list of everything that must be done every day and make sure that I stick to my time schedule.
You can do itpost #5 of 511/11/12 at 5:53am
When I started my business I was so keen to get orders that I rarely said no and the orders I had very quickly became a chore and a burden rather that an enjoyable (albeit hard work) experience.
you have to know your what you can can manage through planning so that you know what your work week holds and what you can take on. Also be comfortable with saying no if your plan has no more room for another order.
hope this helps
- crazy cake.week
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Can anyone give me Black Forest cake recipe? 21 minutes ago
- › whipped cream + fondant 45 minutes ago
- › Cupcake wreath 53 minutes ago
- › How can I make it Bigger and still have it bake proper 1 hour ago
- › amazing whipped cream decor 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Necht Cooker Hood 3 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Fondant Figurines for Sale 3 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Stilhaus Kitchens Reviews 3 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › First huge order 5 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones