I want to make a cake advance that how has raspberry filling. How far in advance should I put this cake together. I do not want bleeding or anything like that. Help!!
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Mango filling & glazeLast edited: 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingLast edited: 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingLast edited: 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de MarshmallowLast edited: 5/12/12
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
Making Cakes with Filings in Advancepost #1 of 911/9/12 at 11:57amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 911/9/12 at 2:23pmWhat kind of raspberry? I use preserves and they wouldn't leak or run or anything..if you use the sleeved fillings I don't know about those. Preserves will just sit there, but you don't want to put them on too thick anyway.post #3 of 911/9/12 at 6:46pmpost #4 of 911/11/12 at 7:55amThread StarterThank u both! I would like to fill the cake today Sunday and have the cake for Wednesday. I'm somewhat worried about the taste being affected and how the slices will look when cut. Don't want it to look like its bleeding. The filling is made of fresh raspberries,sugar and whipping cream. So can I fill today?post #5 of 911/11/12 at 1:04pmJust because of the whipping cream, i would say no. I assume it would be refrigerated, but even then it will probably deflate and the acid in the raspberries aren't going to do it any favors either.post #6 of 911/11/12 at 1:11pm
Absolutely not. The whipping cream will become watery and either soak into the cake or deflate and fall off and the raspberries will become mushy and will deteriorate. Whipped cream and berries have to be used the day you deliver the cake and kept refrigerated until serving. Extra delicate.post #7 of 911/12/12 at 6:02amThread Starterpost #8 of 911/12/12 at 6:24ampost #9 of 911/12/12 at 11:31am
Yes, sometimes fillings will dictate what you have to do. In this case you'll have to do it last-minute if you want to use that combination of filling.
- Making Cakes with Filings in Advance
- Mango filling & glaze
- › Fondant vs. modeling chocolate 7 minutes ago
- › Need a Rose Gold petal dust color for a flower...HELP! 12 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 18 minutes ago
- › What is happening?!?!? 22 minutes ago
- › Baptism & wedding cake combination 24 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 9/19/14 28 minutes ago
- › Cake tilts 2nd time 35 minutes ago
- › Does Anyone Combine SMBC & Ganache? 59 minutes ago
- › Where did this recipe come from? 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Help please! My buttercream is beginning to bleed! 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones