I want to make a cake advance that how has raspberry filling. How far in advance should I put this cake together. I do not want bleeding or anything like that. Help!!
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Mango filling & glazeLast edited: 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingLast edited: 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingLast edited: 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de MarshmallowLast edited: 5/12/12
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
I received this product to test. I loved working with it. I mainly used this sample to add to fondant to make off pieces to aid in making them dry faster. Looking forward to working with it...
Top notch fondant for a great price! Amazing taste and very easy to work with. No more stressing over tearing or elephant skin problems as with other brands. LOVE their colored fondant also. The...
I was overjoyed the first time I used this color. It kneaded easily, and has a smooth texture...unlike other brands I've tried. It rolls cleanly and covers nicely. And the color? AMAZING royal...
Making Cakes with Filings in Advancepost #1 of 911/9/12 at 11:57amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 911/9/12 at 2:23pmWhat kind of raspberry? I use preserves and they wouldn't leak or run or anything..if you use the sleeved fillings I don't know about those. Preserves will just sit there, but you don't want to put them on too thick anyway.post #3 of 911/9/12 at 6:46pmpost #4 of 911/11/12 at 7:55amThread StarterThank u both! I would like to fill the cake today Sunday and have the cake for Wednesday. I'm somewhat worried about the taste being affected and how the slices will look when cut. Don't want it to look like its bleeding. The filling is made of fresh raspberries,sugar and whipping cream. So can I fill today?post #5 of 911/11/12 at 1:04pmJust because of the whipping cream, i would say no. I assume it would be refrigerated, but even then it will probably deflate and the acid in the raspberries aren't going to do it any favors either.post #6 of 911/11/12 at 1:11pm
Absolutely not. The whipping cream will become watery and either soak into the cake or deflate and fall off and the raspberries will become mushy and will deteriorate. Whipped cream and berries have to be used the day you deliver the cake and kept refrigerated until serving. Extra delicate.post #7 of 911/12/12 at 6:02amThread Starterpost #8 of 911/12/12 at 6:24ampost #9 of 911/12/12 at 11:31am
Yes, sometimes fillings will dictate what you have to do. In this case you'll have to do it last-minute if you want to use that combination of filling.
- Making Cakes with Filings in Advance
Cake Central Top Picks
- Mango filling & glaze
- › My fondant always becomes shiny & sticky when I put in on the cake!... 3 minutes ago
- › How long can chocolate ganache survive?? 7 minutes ago
- › Uk wedding cake business. Pricing. 20 minutes ago
- › What Buttercream tip/technique is this?! 27 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 51 minutes ago
- › What shortening can I use?? 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › arty baby shower cake ideas 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Very picky customer 2 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Make make turquoise candy melt? 2 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Please help.!! 3 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by SwankCakeDesign
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones