I want to make a cake advance that how has raspberry filling. How far in advance should I put this cake together. I do not want bleeding or anything like that. Help!!
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Mango filling & glazeLast edited: 6/25/12
- Caramel Cream FillingLast edited: 5/30/12
- Champagne Strawberry Whipped Cream FillingLast edited: 5/15/12
- Marshmallow meringue for piping - Turron de MarshmallowLast edited: 5/12/12
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
Making Cakes with Filings in Advancepost #1 of 911/9/12 at 11:57amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 911/9/12 at 2:23pmWhat kind of raspberry? I use preserves and they wouldn't leak or run or anything..if you use the sleeved fillings I don't know about those. Preserves will just sit there, but you don't want to put them on too thick anyway.post #3 of 911/9/12 at 6:46pmpost #4 of 911/11/12 at 7:55amThread StarterThank u both! I would like to fill the cake today Sunday and have the cake for Wednesday. I'm somewhat worried about the taste being affected and how the slices will look when cut. Don't want it to look like its bleeding. The filling is made of fresh raspberries,sugar and whipping cream. So can I fill today?post #5 of 911/11/12 at 1:04pmJust because of the whipping cream, i would say no. I assume it would be refrigerated, but even then it will probably deflate and the acid in the raspberries aren't going to do it any favors either.post #6 of 911/11/12 at 1:11pm
Absolutely not. The whipping cream will become watery and either soak into the cake or deflate and fall off and the raspberries will become mushy and will deteriorate. Whipped cream and berries have to be used the day you deliver the cake and kept refrigerated until serving. Extra delicate.post #7 of 911/12/12 at 6:02amThread Starterpost #8 of 911/12/12 at 6:24ampost #9 of 911/12/12 at 11:31am
Yes, sometimes fillings will dictate what you have to do. In this case you'll have to do it last-minute if you want to use that combination of filling.
- Making Cakes with Filings in Advance
Cake Central Top Picks
- Mango filling & glaze
- › Help with Minion Cupcakes 1 minute ago
- › Roulade Cake 43 minutes ago
- › Decorating a Molten Cake 57 minutes ago
- › I hate the cupcakes i just made 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › WRONG, WRONG,WRONG. 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › What is this technique? 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Necht Gas Hob Reviews 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › How to speed up the cookie decorating process? (Cut-out cookies and... 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › food markers?? 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Customer said cake was "inedible" because it was so dry. What would... 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones