Hi, I am baking a french chocolate cake in a 10 inch round form and I am wondering how many I should do. The bottoms are pretty thick but I cut them in half and put caramel in between and then buttercrem on top. Do you think 7 will be enough?
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
- My first attempt at a wedding cake :) Last post on 9/20/13 at 7:32am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- Mum's Real Buttercream FrostingLast edited: 11/15/10
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 people
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 611/8/12 at 7:06ampost #3 of 611/8/12 at 7:08ampost #4 of 611/8/12 at 7:16am
A 10" round "DOUBLE" cake serves 42 wedding servings. A 10" round "SINGLE" serves 20. Depends on if you want double layers....or single layers. I recommend splitting and filling either choice. It sounds like you are doing single layers. 7 will work.Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!Debbie - US Army (Retired) --aka "The Cake Sarge"
Good Cake Ain't Cheap! Cheap Cake Ain't Good!post #5 of 611/8/12 at 7:18amThread Starterpost #6 of 611/8/12 at 7:20amThread Starter
O.k. thank you so much, yes I am baking a single layer thick cake or around 5 cm or 2 inches and taking it apart and putting caramel in between. So I think 7 will be the magic number for me. This is also a very chocolate cake so people don't have as big slices as with maybe other cakes as it is quite heavy. Thanks for the help
- How many 10 inch round cakes for a wedding with 130 -140 people
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › Pricing out a wedding cake for a bride with a very low budget! 7 minutes ago
- › Enhancing a chocolate cake 28 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 8/29/14 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Chevron on a Topsy Turvy tiered cake? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › White Flower Cake Shoppe Signature flower 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Mixers? 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › First Complaint about Frosting 2 hours, 17 minutes ago
- › Fondant Pizza for TMNT Cake 2 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Walnut cake --weird recipe 3 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Extremely HOT weather and high levels of humidity, what should I do?? 3 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones