This weekend I am working on Snoopy's doghouse and have to get my edges straight and my top level. I have read that other users went to Home Depot and bought a laser leveller....any hints on which brand you use and how you use it would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!
- topicCakestagged by System, 11/6/12
Related Forum Threads
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/10/14 at 3:27am in Cake Decorating Business
- How much should I charge for this big square wedding cake? Last post on 2/6/14 at 5:18pm in Cake Decorating
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- My first ever cake! What do you think? Last post on 5/18/13 at 4:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Getting nervous! Need advice on RKT please. Last post on 12/18/12 at 11:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 10/29/12
- Blackberry CupcakesLast edited: 6/10/11
- COFFEE CAKE LOUIZIANA BY GREECELast edited: 4/5/10
- Great Tiramisu!!!Last edited: 4/5/10
- CheesecakeLast edited: 11/5/09
I was happily surprised at the ease of this fondant. I was able to roll it out very thin, with no problems. It also had great taste! I also tried their colors and they are beautiful! My would...
I made the switch to Renshaw fondant because of it's workability and great taste. If you have had issues with other brands of fondant, give Renshaw a try. My customers AND students love it as well!
I love working with Renshaw's gumpaste and fondant. My gumpaste flowers turned out beautifully thin and life-like. The monkeys and lion turned out so cute on my one year old great nephew's...
Renshaw was great to work with. It covered well, no elephant skin and it actually tasted good. I will be using it again and again!! Photo (c) A Memory Worth Making Cakes.
laser levelling....do you use one for your cakes?
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 211/7/12 at 9:09am
I did the exact same thing thinking it would work. It didn't. I had gotten the small iLevel cross level by Skil to use for cakes. I was thinking it would be a laser beam that I would see go across the top of my cake instead it just bounced off the wall. I even had a piece of poster board up behind my cake that the laser light reflected on. Trying to work it was too much to deal with the poster board setup. It was also too difficult to position the leveler where needed in order to level any side of the cake. In the end it was returned and I learned to just shave off the top of the cake where its not level and smooth ice it. For the sides I now use a scraper and a right triangle.
- laser levelling....do you use one for your cakes?
Cake Central Top Picks
- Blackberry Cupcakes
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 7 minutes ago
- › Swiss meringue buttercream with chocolate bark? 42 minutes ago
- › Pasta Rollers 45 minutes ago
- › How do you paint flowers on a cake? I have a customer who wants... 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Royal Icing!!!!! Ughh! 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Trouble with getting my scratch cakes to rise 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Fondant Cactus! 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › How do I? 1 hour, 29 minutes ago
- › Insulting my cake 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Advice for Double Barreled Tiers? 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by SwankCakeDesign
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Share
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones