So originally I used a recipe for royal icing that required just to whip the egg whites until foamy, then add the icing sugar, then I kept seeing recipes to whip the egg whites until soft peak then add the icing sugar, so I tried that and it seems like the end result is the same. Is there a difference in the two that someone else has noticed?
- topicIcingtagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making Royal Icing in Bulk? Last post on 11/29/12 at 3:53pm in Cake Decorating
- Cupcakes - how early can I cook and ice with fondant. Is 2 days to early. Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:20pm in Cupcakes!
- Has anyone used Rich's Chocolate Bettercreme? Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:55am in Cake Decorating
- Butter Cream icing questions?? Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:01am in Cupcakes!
- Burberry Plaid sugar/icing sheets? Last post on 11/2/12 at 9:12pm in Cake Decorating
Crusting Lemon Buttercream
Last edited: 6/13/11
- Genuine German IcingLast edited: 6/8/11
- All butter American buttercreamLast edited: 6/8/11
- Simple Peanut Butter IcingLast edited: 6/7/11
- Key Lime ButtercreamLast edited: 6/7/11
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
I was able to try Renshaw quite some time ago and all I can say is I love it!
The pink fondant, isn't really pink to me. It is more like a fuschia in my opinion. I don't see it as a problem, I love the color. but if you want a soft pink, you should dye the white...
royal icing - whipping egg whites question
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/6/12 at 10:11ampost #3 of 411/11/12 at 12:24ampost #4 of 411/11/12 at 4:56amThread Starter
- royal icing - whipping egg whites question
Cake Central Top Picks
- Genuine German Icing
Currently, there are 998 Active Users (14 Members and 984 Guests)
- › First time stacking a 3 tiered cake! Eeek! Advice please? 4 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 5 minutes ago
- › my cake won't rise!!! 12 minutes ago
- › Beer mug cake 43 minutes ago
- › WRONG, WRONG,WRONG. 55 minutes ago
- › I really, really, really dislike the taste of cake flour. Do I... 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › How to tell if a fruit cake is cooked 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Pampered Chef Recommendations? 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › Where to buy supplies in UAE 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › cake pics with prices 2 hours, 36 minutes ago
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Red, 1.5 Pound by Ange1mom
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones