So originally I used a recipe for royal icing that required just to whip the egg whites until foamy, then add the icing sugar, then I kept seeing recipes to whip the egg whites until soft peak then add the icing sugar, so I tried that and it seems like the end result is the same. Is there a difference in the two that someone else has noticed?
- topicIcingtagged by System, 11/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making Royal Icing in Bulk? Last post on 11/29/12 at 3:53pm in Cake Decorating
- Cupcakes - how early can I cook and ice with fondant. Is 2 days to early. Last post on 11/28/12 at 7:20pm in Cupcakes!
- Has anyone used Rich's Chocolate Bettercreme? Last post on 11/8/12 at 4:55am in Cake Decorating
- Butter Cream icing questions?? Last post on 11/8/12 at 10:01am in Cupcakes!
- Burberry Plaid sugar/icing sheets? Last post on 11/2/12 at 9:12pm in Cake Decorating
Crusting Lemon Buttercream
Last edited: 6/13/11
- Genuine German IcingLast edited: 6/8/11
- All butter American buttercreamLast edited: 6/8/11
- Simple Peanut Butter IcingLast edited: 6/7/11
- Key Lime ButtercreamLast edited: 6/7/11
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
royal icing - whipping egg whites question
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 411/6/12 at 10:11ampost #3 of 411/11/12 at 12:24ampost #4 of 411/11/12 at 4:56amThread Starter
- royal icing - whipping egg whites question
Cake Central Top Picks
- Genuine German Icing
Currently, there are 1627 Active Users (25 Members and 1602 Guests)
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 10 minutes ago
- › How do I make those flowers??? 16 minutes ago
- › Help me with my own wedding cake design ladies! 19 minutes ago
- › Garden soil. 24 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 25 minutes ago
- › Can anyone help me with how to create this look 32 minutes ago
- › Fondant Pizza for TMNT Cake 42 minutes ago
- › Best ever banana pudding cake recipe 48 minutes ago
- › Need A Mentor 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › icing smoother vs bench scraper 2 hours ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones