I have to be honest, I havent really looked that far into the forum to answer this question but its something that comes up everytime I bake with Buttermilk and Im left with half a carton leftover... Can it be frozen? If the answer is yes, how can I store it??? Thanks in advance... Sammy
- topicButtermilktagged by System, 11/6/12
Red Velvet Re-Mix
Last edited: 3/4/11
- Sweeties Red Velvet CakeLast edited: 5/27/10
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
- Sweeties Red Velvet Cake
Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
Cake Central Top Picks
I use powdered buttermilk. Keeps a long time when sealed in an airtight container in the fridge and I haven't been able to tell the difference in my recipes.
Thank you to the OP for asking a question that I've been wondering about too. I like the powdered buttermilk for bread and muffins, but notice the difference when baking cakes. I've often wound up throwing out buttermilk, and even milk that went beyond its bb date. I'm going tostart freezing it in zip bags in measured amounts so I just have to pull out one bag the next time I bake a chocolate cake.
To help use up buttermilk try making a buttermilk milkshake :)
A nearby resteraunt became famous here for their buttermilk milkshakes.
They mostly made pineapple B milkshakes but I have made chocolate and other flavors.
It's easy, just put ice cream in a blend, add b'milk and blend until smooth.
Add fruit if you want.
I know it wasn't the question asked (useful to know you can freeze it, thanks!) but this might be useful to someone... I normally use buttermilk/sour milk in bread, it is really easy and very tasty. The one I use is based on this recipe, swopping some of the white flour for extra wholemeal and leaving out the sugar.
- Buttermilk - Can it be frozen??
Cake Central Top Picks
- › Wilton course 1 21 minutes ago
- › Pricing 3 layers instead of two 33 minutes ago
- › Navy blue royal icing 44 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 50 minutes ago
- › Making Giant Flower cake...gumpaste petals. Buttercream or fondant?? 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Freezing a cake frosted in SMBC or IMBC 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Cake Pricing Example - does this look right? 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › WASC-Duncan Heinz smaller box 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Kentucky Cottage Food Law Petition 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › This technique 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones