Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Bring back the 'Puppies and Rainbows'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bring back the 'Puppies and Rainbows' - Page 7

post #91 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Interesting Etsy thread, I read several pages and aside from the OP the rest of the posters seem to very pragmatic and logical. What's even more impressive is that Etsy's community is much larger, those 39 pages of posts were generated in less than 4 hours before a moderator locked the thread.



You got that right...the forums there are pretty active and don't go off topic too much.
post #92 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Interesting Etsy thread, I read several pages and aside from the OP the rest of the posters seem to very pragmatic and logical. What's even more impressive is that Etsy's community is much larger, those 39 pages of posts were generated in less than 4 hours before a moderator locked the thread.



You got that right...the forums there are pretty active and don't go off topic too much.



But wait...If you read on, at about page ten the OP decides to tell everyone that she's a troll and made the whole thing up. Not that anyone believed her, because it seems like she was just trying to backtrack.
post #93 of 116
Recommending the Etsy thread. Makes folks around here look danged near sane.
He's still got the whole world in His hands.
Reply
He's still got the whole world in His hands.
Reply
post #94 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmisue2009

Recommending the Etsy thread. Makes folks around here look danged near sane.

thumbs_up.gif

Yes, it caused quite a stir on there, it happened in the morning and they were still talking about "this morning's thread" at night when I got on!
post #95 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

And this is what I assume the op was talking about. Just a simple opinion, why does it need to be debated to this extent. She explained pretty clearly why she feels the way she does. Sorry Jason she isn't going to be able to give you irrufutable proof ( and I don't really think she should be required to) it's a FEELING. Some people do not enjoy every discussion becoming a debate. People sometimes having differing oppinions and neither is wrong.



AMEN thumbs_up.gif
post #96 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Sorry Jason she isn't going to be able to give you irrufutable proof ( and I don't really think she should be required to) it's a FEELING.


Who has asked the OP to provide irrefutable proof? Irrefutable proof of what?

Quote:
Quote:

Some people do not enjoy every discussion becoming a debate.


That is certainly true, and if someone does not enjoy participating in a discussion or a debate they usually stop participating. But one person not enjoying a debate shouldn't mean that no one else is allowed to participate either.


Well Jason you asked her more than once for a link to the offending threads to show what she was speaking of.
And I'm not saying that others shouldn't be allowed to bicker if they like but it is irratating to some. There are others on here who may be very knowledgable who choose not to answer a question because they do not want to end up in a debate with those of you who enjoy it. I have a brother who's conversational style is like yours Jason and it is not fun to have a conversation with someone who contractdicts everything you say, someone who must always be right. Sometimes it is just a difference of opinion and everyone is entitled to theres.
AnnieCahill, thank you for clearing up what you meant. I don't think sensitive people are anything new. If you looked at my sister sideways you could hurt her feelings. There are 8 of us and she is the only one that way, just her nature not the way she was raised.
As I don't enjoy the debate I will leave you all to continue on.
post #97 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstonia

Well Jason you asked her more than once for a link to the offending threads to show what she was speaking of.


Can you point to one post where I asked the OP to provide a link to any offending threads?

In fact in the middle of page 2 I said that it doesn't matter whether or not OP posts any specifics, and that I didn't care either away.
post #98 of 116
Danielle, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's daughter. I'm actually really surprized that more haven't even responded to what Danielle is going through.

I've been sitting back watching this post unfold, having a little giggle at all the puppy and rainbow pictures, (although the rainbow puke was a little creepy). I don't usually contribute to these types of posts anymore, I've learned to ignore them. But,

I just wanted to say, Jason, you're embarrasing yourself a bit buddy. Maybe you should just stop now. It's very obvious that you wanted the OP to post specific incidents. You were trying to persude her here. You are very good a twisting words around, but my gosh, it's annoying! No you did not specifically ask her to do it, but you strongly suggested it. Like someone said too, always the last word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft


Also there's nothing wrong IMO with pointing to specific incidents and explaining why you felt the posts were rude/etc. That's not a personal attack at all, since you are sharing your opinion on the content that was posted, as opposed to the poster.
post #99 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sugar_Fairy

It's very obvious that you wanted the OP to post specific incidents. You were trying to persude her here. No you did not specifically ask her to do it, but you strongly suggested it.


You can infer what you wish, but that quote was in response to OP equating personal attacks with mentioning specific threads she was upset by. Considering I clarified in my very next post that I didn't care if specifics were posted, I think the context is clear.

And I highly doubt that will be the last word. icon_wink.gif

See, told you it wouldn't be the last word. icon_razz.gif
post #100 of 116
Whatever.

I'm not going to argue with you. Not because you're right, but because you'll never stop.
post #101 of 116
[quote]I just wanted to say, Jason, you're embarrasing yourself a bit buddy. Maybe you should just stop now.

Enough is enough-time to let it go-you're beginning to sound less like a knowledgeable adult and more like a petulant child.
post #102 of 116
I don't see why someone(s) can't ask that CC'ers be kinder and gentler, without others getting all bent out of shape. As many have said, if you don't like what someone's written, don't read it beyond what you have to to get the gist of the post. Therefore, I feel the on and on and on to slam the OP is kind of mean.

It's true that many hide behind anonymity. I don't put out my real name, but do try to stick to my real nature.

This reminds me of a Weight Watchers post years ago....I posted something that I like to eat, and someone's response, to lots of 'giggles' from her 'followers':that made me throw up in my mouth. Which I laughed at to myself because what an original thing. Surely NO ONE had ever said that before. But because of the constant bullying of that person and her peeps to mostly newbies, I quit the boards. It's hard to ignore those folks' posts when they respond to almost all the questions.

Wilton board is full of very sweet people. That's not wrong, it's just plain nice. And so are most of the CC'ers on here, but I agree with one other poster...I do think twice before posting on here, and quite often if I feel the need to post a response, I don't go back and read what comes after because despite the anonymity, my feelings can get hurt.
post #103 of 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcake

I don't see why someone(s) can't ask that CC'ers be kinder and gentler, without others getting all bent out of shape. As many have said, if you don't like what someone's written, don't read it beyond what you have to to get the gist of the post. Therefore, I feel the on and on and on to slam the OP is kind of mean.

It's true that many hide behind anonymity. I don't put out my real name, but do try to stick to my real nature.

This reminds me of a Weight Watchers post years ago....I posted something that I like to eat, and someone's response, to lots of 'giggles' from her 'followers':that made me throw up in my mouth. Which I laughed at to myself because what an original thing. Surely NO ONE had ever said that before. But because of the constant bullying of that person and her peeps to mostly newbies, I quit the boards. It's hard to ignore those folks' posts when they respond to almost all the questions.

Wilton board is full of very sweet people. That's not wrong, it's just plain nice. And so are most of the CC'ers on here, but I agree with one other poster...I do think twice before posting on here, and quite often if I feel the need to post a response, I don't go back and read what comes after because despite the anonymity, my feelings can get hurt.



Well said vtcake thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
post #104 of 116
My dog just farted!
post #105 of 116
Probably ate too many Skittles.
*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Reply
*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › Bring back the 'Puppies and Rainbows'