Originally Posted by hbquikcomjamesl
Just because something is non-toxic doesn't mean it's food-safe. And just because something is food-safe doesn't mean it's "good eats."
Exactly. Just because it's pretty doesn't make it OK to put on something that will be eaten, either.
Disco Dust is fine grain plastic craft glitter. It should only be used on decorations that will be REMOVED before serving.
Those tiny granules could wreak havoc for someone with diverticulitis/diverticulosis or Crohn's disease and wasn't aware that the shiny stuff on their cupcake was actually better for making scrapbook pages sparkle............
I'd be livid if someone fed me plastic........