Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › Need of a Fluffy buttercream recipe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need of a Fluffy buttercream recipe

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
I have someone who wants to do 3 dozen cupcakes for a wedding. She asked for whipped cream icing for them. I don't want to do it since I don't know if there will be somewhere to keep them cold. So I need a FLUFFY buttercream recipe. Thanks
post #2 of 11
I haven't tried it yet, but there is a Fluffy American Buttercream recipe right there --------------------------->

People have been saying good things about it.
post #3 of 11
This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

Reply

If I am ever on life support, unplug me...

Then plug me back in.  See if that works!

Reply
post #4 of 11
o wow! thank you, i cannot wait to try that recipe. Have you tried it under fondant? Do you think it will hold up?
Yes I am legal. Now move on and bake..
Reply
Yes I am legal. Now move on and bake..
Reply
post #5 of 11
Miasmom82, I tried the "American fluffy buttercream" and it's great! Lite and fluffy and easy to make.
Lyndi M.
Reply
Lyndi M.
Reply
post #6 of 11
Carmijok, your recipe looks great, I'm gonna try it soon!
Lyndi M.
Reply
Lyndi M.
Reply
post #7 of 11
I really like this one. It's basically a combination between a meringue and american buttercream.
http://cakecentral.com/recipe/whipped-cream-buttercream-frosting
Visit me at www.keeponcaking.com for tutorials and other cake stuff.
Reply
Visit me at www.keeponcaking.com for tutorials and other cake stuff.
Reply
post #8 of 11
I have to second the recipe by Mrsmudrash...I LOVE it!!

I have a recipe book that I enter in only stuff that I love...I can't just like it, I have to LOVE it...
Mrsmudrash's bc was added not so long ago.

Here's her awesome blog, by the way http://jessicakesblog.blogspot.com/
post #9 of 11
carmijok,
Thanks for posting this recipe it looks awesome! Do you whip each item separately and then blend together or just start with the butter and continue to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.
post #10 of 11
I'd love to know the answer to this question too. tia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns93

carmijok,
Thanks for posting this recipe it looks awesome! Do you whip each item separately and then blend together or just start with the butter and continue to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb2

I'd love to know the answer to this question too. tia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns93

carmijok,
Thanks for posting this recipe it looks awesome! Do you whip each item separately and then blend together or just start with the butter and continue to add?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmijok

This recipe is from Mrsmudrash here on CC and it is absolutely delicious. It's a good crusting buttercream too and you don't have to refrigerate it--remember that sugar is a preservative.

This holds up very well. Here too is a picture of the cupcakes I made with it: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2277375/simple-cupcake

Marshmallow, Whipping cream buttercream

1 lb unsalted butter - whip for 10 min on high
1 - 7oz jar of marshmallow cream - whip on high for 5 min
1 lb powdered sugar - whip on high for 5 min
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream - whip on high for 5in
3 Tbsp vanilla - whip until incorporated. (I used less vanilla)
This makes a really light amazing buttercream. You can add more heavy whipping cream (the liquid, not actual whipped cream) if you want, depending upon the consistency you're looking for.





I would assume you add and whip as you go, as just whipping the powered sugar makes no sense icon_razz.gif
A down-to-earth South African who has a growing interest in fondant cakes...I've been bitten by the cake bug!
Reply
A down-to-earth South African who has a growing interest in fondant cakes...I've been bitten by the cake bug!
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cupcakes!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › Need of a Fluffy buttercream recipe