I'm a little lost on this situation, so any advise be appreciated. I have a wedding coming up this weekend for a bride who was a bit indecisive on whole bunch of details about her cake. I finally got her flavors and design nailed down only couple of weeks ago. Anywho, one of the elements is the ribbon and she finally decided that she wants to use 1 inch wide ribbon in gold on her cake. I told her that I'll look for it and will let her know asap if I can find it locally, if not, she'll be responsible for providing it to me to ensure it's exactly what she wants. I went out the same day and did not find what I believed "gold" was, so e-mailed her and let her know that local stores do not carry the right ribbon and that she needs to mail/deliver it to me. I copied her wedding coordinator on it as well. The coordinator promptly e-mailed me back and let me know there is a change of plans and color is no longer gold but champagne, she had a sash for me to match the color. I went and picked up the sash, but as soon as I saw it I knew that I cannot find ribbon of that color (just been to all the stores looking at the ribbons). E-mailed them both back asking for ribbon again. Got a response from a wedding coordinator saying never mind about the sash, color of ribbon on the cake will be different. Allrighty, "get me the ribbon" whatever color it is. Coordinator says that she knows exactly what the bride wants and will get me the ribbon. Fastforward to now. Since I still don't have the ribbon, I e-mail both ladies again asking for it. Hear back from the coordinator, she says she has got the ribbon and will drop it off, however, the ribbon is wider than 1 inch and to let her know if it won't work, but that's all she could find locally. Well, the only thing I know for sure is that the ribbon is to be 1 inch wide, I'm not even certain on the color at this point, so according to my understanding ribbon wider than 1 inch will not work, and if we are still in the "gold" color mode, local stores did not have what was needed to begin with...It needed to be shopped for somewhere else or ordered. Still no word from the bride by the way. So...what now? Do I just take whatever it is and go with it? What if the width is not the only problem?
Sorry this is so longwinded. I'm sure the answer is very very simple, right? So lay it on me.