Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › cake pics with prices
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

cake pics with prices - Page 4

post #46 of 674
this is another dummy cake that I just finished...its by far my favorite and simplest cake ever! I would charge $600 for a real version. This was done for some good ol' free advertising! I spent $100 on the wilton fondant, flowers, had to buy the colors bc I didn't have them, the ribbons...anyway, I'm not sure how I spent $100 but it was close. Having to go to town 3 times with my kids and having to buy them lunch every time, I guess, ate up a lot of the $$ too.LOL But i LOVED this cake!
I'd like to make one just to keep in my houseicon_smile.gif
  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1946287
Glorifying Christ thru cake!!!
Reply
Glorifying Christ thru cake!!!
Reply
post #47 of 674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinej51679

This was $300, took me a very long time, several days actually. Served 200, i can't remember the sizes! ugh! Should've been $600!
  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1759825


Hi, Katherine! I'm curious to see this pic. Love your other ones!!! This link is not working though. Maybe you have to hit the space bar after it?
Thanks for posting!
post #48 of 674
Thread Starter 
I'm so excited that this post is getting so many responses!!! I knew I couldn't be the only one wondering how much to charge!! LOL.
Thanks to you all for posting your pics and prices!! Keep posting 'em! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif
post #49 of 674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinej51679

wow! you guys do great work!!! Where are you from cupcakefrost and full house? I get laughed at if I charge over $100 for a bday cake! I had a wedding order that was the wedding cake, grooms cake and a bday cake for the brides 13 yr old daughter.....They all 3 totaled close to $1000 but they were big spectacular cakes. One of them was a 3D turkey. Anyway, she cancelled about 2 months after the tasting and never would tell me why....I'm pretty sure it was the price. Thanks for sharing!


I do great work??! I just looked at your creations. . . AMAZING!!!! Wow, I hope to one day get that good! icon_smile.gif Thanks for posting prices! I say, don't be afraid to charge. If they don't want to pay, they don't have to, but your work is definitely worth the money!
post #50 of 674
I love, love, love this thread! Not only do I find the pricing info interesting/helpful, but I also like that many of you have posted how long it took you to make the cake. I often beat myself over how long it takes me, so it is soo nice to see that others spend countless hours on their cakes, too.
Check out my cake blog at: http://adventuresofacakediva.com
Reply
Check out my cake blog at: http://adventuresofacakediva.com
Reply
post #51 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefrost

This Bible cake was for a christening, and fed about 40 people. I charged 175.
http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1592458



I'm curious why you charged 175 for this cake. Is it because the cake is carved? or did you figure the price based on the number of servings?
post #52 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefrost

I've never tried to make my own. . . seems like too much of a hassle, lol.



I thought the same way as you for such a long time, that homemade fondant was too much of a hassle. Then I discovered how simple it was to make MMF. It tastes SO much better than any of the pre-made fondants and is just SO easy to make...really, you wouldn't believe it. It also saves a lot of money.

It isn't great for figure making but you can't beat it for covering a cake. You should try it just once. icon_smile.gif
post #53 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinej51679

but the Lord has shown me that my children MUST take priority and I have committed to homeschool. So, one day, I will have my bakery but it will be when my kids are older and can work there!

thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif
post #54 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherinej51679

this is another dummy cake that I just finished...its by far my favorite and simplest cake ever! I would charge $600 for a real version. This was done for some good ol' free advertising! I spent $100 on the wilton fondant, flowers, had to buy the colors bc I didn't have them, the ribbons...anyway, I'm not sure how I spent $100 but it was close. Having to go to town 3 times with my kids and having to buy them lunch every time, I guess, ate up a lot of the $$ too.LOL But i LOVED this cake!
I'd like to make one just to keep in my houseicon_smile.gif
  http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1946287



Wow, you are just so talented!
post #55 of 674
I love this post.. however, I still have lots of learning before I even think about doing this as a business which 1 day I really would like to. I see some of you add in the charge for how many hours it takes as well as other factors. OK.. so when you do that are you estimating on how long it will take when you tell the customer what you will charge them? I know I would want to know before I ordered a cake how much I would be looking at paying before I ordered. I have only been making my children's b-day cake for a couple years now and still have a lot to learn.
post #56 of 674
make this for a baby shower, 10 inch and 8 inch figures were make with fondant and trees were RKT, it was my gift but i would have charged about $235.oo and i would be charging more for all the figures

ontario canada
78 serving
MMF and butter cream
cinnamon roll cake
8hrs?

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1867414


baby shower cake again
8-6 inch
36 servings
MMF with buttercream
chocolate chip cookie cake with cookie dough filling
3.5 hours
$ 120.00

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1940635

Let them eat cake

Reply

Let them eat cake

Reply
post #57 of 674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefrost

This Bible cake was for a christening, and fed about 40 people. I charged 175.
http://cakecentral.com//gallery/1592458



I'm curious why you charged 175 for this cake. Is it because the cake is carved? or did you figure the price based on the number of servings?



I double-checked and saw that I actually charged 150 for this cake, including delivery. It was the second time I made this cake, and knew the work it would entail. Personally, I think it's worth 175 anyway. icon_smile.gif Took about 8 hours, and it's bigger than it looks.
post #58 of 674
Whats cookie dough filling? Sounds delicious!
www.cantstopbaking.blogspot.com
Join in the craziness!
Reply
www.cantstopbaking.blogspot.com
Join in the craziness!
Reply
post #59 of 674
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakefrost

I've never tried to make my own. . . seems like too much of a hassle, lol.



I thought the same way as you for such a long time, that homemade fondant was too much of a hassle. Then I discovered how simple it was to make MMF. It tastes SO much better than any of the pre-made fondants and is just SO easy to make...really, you wouldn't believe it. It also saves a lot of money.

It isn't great for figure making but you can't beat it for covering a cake. You should try it just once. icon_smile.gif



I'm sure I'll try it eventually. . . just so much to bake the cake, make all the fillings, and decorate. That takes me long enough, lol. But I agree; it would save me a lot of money!
post #60 of 674
i got this off the a link from cc called gourmet flavors, it really good!!!. i have made it without the bettercream because your are only speading it on top, and i find white chocolate pudding really gritty.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Filling - HeatherC
2 cups Bettercreme
1 small pkg. White Chocolate pudding mix
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 tbsp water
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Whip 2 cups liquid Bettercreme with small pkg. pudding until thick. Refrigerate.
Cream butter and sugars on medium speed for 3 minutes. Add water and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cake layer and cover with Bettercreme mixture.

Let them eat cake

Reply

Let them eat cake

Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › cake pics with prices