OK guys i am a lottle upset right now. I am making all the candy for my best friends sons birthday party because her hubby is in the hospital. Last night i made about 50 gummy candies and about 75 chocolate candies. Today as the day i was making the lollipops. SO i get my syrup all ready and read the directions on my molds. It said CAN BE USED FOR HARD CANDY OR CHOCOLATE!!!!!!! OK so i start to pour i get the sucker poured and witht he extra syrup i decided to make some hard candies in my other dinosaur molds. Well i was pouring pretty fast to get it out befor eit hardened by the time i reached the last mold it was already getting hard and not pouring out very well. So i get about 6 of the 8 cavuities filled when what do i see my molds melting into my counter top. oh the horror. So i quickly pour the candy out of the last mold inhopes of salvageing it. i had to throw 3 molds away and was only able to save one and 2 of the cavities in that one are ruined. I still need to finish making the chocolate candies but now am not sure if i can. i guess tomorrow i will be making a trip to hobby lobby and micheals in hopes of finding new dino molds.
post #1 of 4
9/6/05 at 9:06am