Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cookies! › What I don't like about NFSC and glace icing...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What I don't like about NFSC and glace icing...

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
It tastes so darn good that I can't stop eating my cookies. I am not a sweet eater typically, so this is killing me. Guess what I had for breakfast this morning with my coffee? Yep!
Last night I was ready to enjoy a cookie when i realized that would have been my third (as in 3) that day. YIKES! I had to shake myself back to reality. It was TOUGH to deny myself.
I'm hoping that I will eventually get sick of them, but it isn't looking likely today. Sigh! Off to the gym...

(but first, wiping crumbs from my laptop)
post #2 of 32
Too funny - I avoid making them for that same reason!
post #3 of 32
You ate 3 in a day, and you're worried? Three cookies makes an appetizer! Followed by the main dish of 3 or 4 more cookies.
post #4 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

You ate 3 in a day, and you're worried? Three cookies makes an appetizer! Followed by the main dish of 3 or 4 more cookies.

HAHAHAHA!!! There was a time when that was possible, but I'm in my 40's now and I swear to all that is sugary sweet, every single calorie morphs at warp speed straight to my thighs...well actually that is only the ones that make it past my hips without a pit stop.
post #5 of 32
Thread Starter 
I just thought of a plan. I'm not in the cookie business, but maybe I should be...with ME being the only customer. I will charge myself $5 a cookie.

No, that is somehow flawed. icon_wink.gif
post #6 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleW

It tastes so darn good that I can't stop eating my cookies. I am not a sweet eater typically, so this is killing me. Guess what I had for breakfast this morning with my coffee? Yep!
Last night I was ready to enjoy a cookie when i realized that would have been my third (as in 3) that day. YIKES! I had to shake myself back to reality. It was TOUGH to deny myself.
I'm hoping that I will eventually get sick of them, but it isn't looking likely today. Sigh! Off to the gym...

(but first, wiping crumbs from my laptop)



When I started making cookie.. I had to make a LOT more... for me, husband and kids... now, I only make like 2 extras to be sure they are fine icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
My husband has a BIG sweet tooth but he has seen so much cookies that he can't take it anymore... ahahhahaah
post #7 of 32
Doesn't this "adult" slow metabolism stuff stink? I have to do twice as much exercise and eat half as much food just to maintain. So, some days I sacrifice real food and just eat cookies and cake!
post #8 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Doesn't this "adult" slow metabolism stuff stink? I have to do twice as much exercise and eat half as much food just to maintain. So, some days I sacrifice real food and just eat cookies and cake!



I'm lucky, I still have a really fast metabolism.. I hate a big bowl of Ice Cream yesterday at 10pm (I was really full).. and this morning at 5:30 I was sooooo hungry icon_redface.gif
post #9 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by verono

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthecake

Doesn't this "adult" slow metabolism stuff stink? I have to do twice as much exercise and eat half as much food just to maintain. So, some days I sacrifice real food and just eat cookies and cake!



I'm lucky, I still have a really fast metabolism.. I hate a big bowl of Ice Cream yesterday at 10pm (I was really full).. and this morning at 5:30 I was sooooo hungry icon_redface.gif

Everyone grab your pitchforks! We are heading over Verono's house.
First one there gets the ice cream! icon_smile.gif
post #10 of 32
I'll be there as soon as I finish eating this batch of cookies.
post #11 of 32
hold on......can't get myself off the couch.......
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in my 40's now and I swear to all that is sugary sweet, every single calorie morphs at warp speed straight to my thighs



Just a second! I have a solution! party.gif If we reduce the baking powder in order to prevent spreading, when we eat them shouldn't it in turn reduce the spreading in our thighs? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
"I think every woman should have a blowtorch." - Julia Child
Reply
"I think every woman should have a blowtorch." - Julia Child
Reply
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLH

Quote:
Quote:

I'm in my 40's now and I swear to all that is sugary sweet, every single calorie morphs at warp speed straight to my thighs



Just a second! I have a solution! party.gif If we reduce the baking powder in order to prevent spreading, when we eat them shouldn't it in turn reduce the spreading in our thighs? thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif



icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I'm still only 26, that's maybe why calories doesn't affect me icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
post #14 of 32
OMG, TracyLH, I TOTALLY WISH!!!! icon_lol.gif
Somehow, the last batch of cookies that i bake always end up a bit overdone.......just forget about them by then, but dang they are so good. I just ate 4 of them cuz i can't bear for them to go to waste. icon_confused.gificon_redface.gif
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Quote:

I'm lucky, I still have a really fast metabolism.

icon_surprised.gif "Wow! She is really lucky!"

Quote:
Quote:

I'm still only 26, that's maybe why calories doesn't affect me

icon_rolleyes.gif Oh...THAT explains it! icon_lol.gif Honey, I am 44. I have eighteen years on you.

Now if you will excuse me, I will go drown my sorrows in a cookie.. or two.. or three. icon_biggrin.gif
"I think every woman should have a blowtorch." - Julia Child
Reply
"I think every woman should have a blowtorch." - Julia Child
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cookies!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cookies! › What I don't like about NFSC and glace icing...