Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Candy Making & Pulled Sugar / Blown Sugar › Candy Melts for Ganache?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Candy Melts for Ganache? - Page 3

post #31 of 40

I use Trader Joe's chips for ganach. I use Merken's melts only for candy boxes. AllI can tell you is the boxes are pretty but they get eaten.Honestly, If I was out of reall chocolate and used melts few of my friends,if any, would know. Now, if I making something for foodies I use Callebaut. iF I am making a flour less cake,it's Callebaut again. So that's my two cents. 

post #32 of 40

Such debate and consternation over candy melt ingredients and whether or not it can be called "ganache"?  Especially from people who use high ratio shortening and coffee creamer in their icing and have no problem calling it buttercream.  Tsk, Tsk.  Personally, I sometimes use candy melts in my modeling chocolate (I guess that would officially make it "candy clay") but I only use real chocolate for my ganache.

 

To the OP, experiment with your candy melts and see what you like.  Call it what you want.
 

post #33 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupadeecakes View Post

Such debate and consternation over candy melt ingredients and whether or not it can be called "ganache"?  Especially from people who use high ratio shortening and coffee creamer in their icing and have no problem calling it buttercream.  Tsk, Tsk.  Personally, I sometimes use candy melts in my modeling chocolate (I guess that would officially make it "candy clay") but I only use real chocolate for my ganache.

 

To the OP, experiment with your candy melts and see what you like.  Call it what you want.
 

Bwuahahahaha! But I'd vote a hells to the no for candy melts used to make ganache. Gross.

 

Maybe someone will create a substance made from candy melts and coffee creamer instead of chocolate and cream and start a gourmet ganache flavors thread about it.

post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar View Post

Bwuahahahaha! But I'd vote a hells to the no for candy melts used to make ganache. Gross.

 

Maybe someone will create a substance made from candy melts and coffee creamer instead of chocolate and cream and start a gourmet ganache flavors thread about it.

I'm more interested in what you would call this? Gourmet Amaretto Goo? GAG for short!

I crack myself up... sigh.

post #35 of 40

Around here I think we named that "fauxnache."

Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.
Reply
Answers to the most often asked questions re: SPS. SPS instructions are on Page 15 of the Sticky at the top of the Cake Decorating Forum. Supplies can be ordered from Oasis Supply, Global or BakeryCrafts.
Reply
post #36 of 40

Oh good grief. Call it Unicorn chocolate for all you want, but it ain't ganache!

*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Reply
*Top 100 Designers in The USA, Brides Magazine, 2013*<---little ole' me!
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Birthday Cakes
(2 photos)
Reply
post #37 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture View Post

Oh good grief. Call it Unicorn chocolate for all you want, but it ain't ganache!

But it is GOURMET unicorn chocolate? 

post #38 of 40

Come, come now.  Any self respecting unicorn would not have their name associated with such a product.  After all unicorns are about magic and I can't imagine that there  would be much magic in a ganache made with candy melt.  Make mine Callebaut any day.  Actually I'm sitting here eating the Callebaut out of a cup, rather than cooking with it or tempering it as it tastes sooooooooooooooooooooooo good.

post #39 of 40

I just purchased 2 bags of wilton DARK COCOA RASPBERRY candy melts. Ingredients claim there is cocoa powder in it so I will attempt to make a faux ganache with it.

post #40 of 40

Hi, I would be buying candy melts all the time were there no hydrogenated oil. Hydrogenated oil is a preservative. I don't like how fatty and unhealthy it is. Is there no healthy alternative????? :(

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Candy Making & Pulled Sugar / Blown Sugar › Candy Melts for Ganache?