Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › How many cupcakes can I sell? - REALISTICALLY
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How many cupcakes can I sell? - REALISTICALLY - Page 2

post #16 of 22

no you do not... i sell 90 cupcakes per day give or take and it costs us $600 for two weeks worth of cupcakes... i make over $4000 per week just from cupcakes...

post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes4lyf View Post

no you do not... i sell 90 cupcakes per day give or take and it costs us $600 for two weeks worth of cupcakes... i make over $4000 per week just from cupcakes...

So you sell your cupcakes for over $5.80 each? Unfortunately, that isn't feasible for most bakeries.

post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakes4lyf View Post

@tinygoose 

no you do not, for my business to sell 90 cupcakes a day it costs us $600 for two weeks. we make over four grand just from cupcakes a week

 considering that this thread is from 2009, I bet they figured out whether or not they can do the cupcake thing.....a few years ago.

 

so you're actually saying that you make 4K USD (USD, AUD? CAD? etc wherever you are) a week, selling 90 cupcakes per day? You make 8K in two weeks and only spend $600 in total for supplies (for two weeks)?

 

Even if you're open 7 days a week, that is 630 cupcakes sold per week at $6.34 (or so) per cupcake. That's a mighty pricey cupcake.

Where in the world would someone pay that much for a cupcake? Just curious?

 

Edited: Unless you're Peggy Porschen!?  Are you???! I heard her cupcakes were pricey.


Edited by cakefat - 6/4/13 at 2:04am
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefat View Post

 Even if you're open 7 days a week, that is 630 cupcakes sold per week at $6.34 (or so) per cupcake. That's a mighty pricey cupcake.

Where in the world would someone pay that much for a cupcake? Just curious?

 

 

A cake company here sells their cupcakes at an average of RM15 (about USD5) - fondant disc with a simple 3D topper. There are people who are willing to pay that much.. in this case, largely due to branding, IMHO.

 

So, perhaps $6.34 is possible.. if the "$" was used liberally.

 

OR, like you said, if cupcakes4lyf is in fact Peggy Porschen :)

facebook.com/CrumbsTheBakery - do come by for a visit!

 

Reply

facebook.com/CrumbsTheBakery - do come by for a visit!

 

Reply
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by allycrumbs View Post

 

A cake company here sells their cupcakes at an average of RM15 (about USD5) - fondant disc with a simple 3D topper. There are people who are willing to pay that much.. in this case, largely due to branding, IMHO.

 

So, perhaps $6.34 is possible.. if the "$" was used liberally.

 

OR, like you said, if cupcakes4lyf is in fact Peggy Porschen :)


There are definitely places that sell for $5+, there is a lady on CC that makes amazing cupcakes that are more art than cupcake, they start at $15, and people buy them.

However, the idea of selling 90 a day, to walk-in traffic, to the average consumer in a mini mall is pretty much impossible. sadly, lol.

post #21 of 22
I wonder if the OP opened her mall business in the end?

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

Reply

Life's too short to make cake pops.
___________________________________
www.sweetperfection.com.au

www.sweetperfectioncakes.blogspot.com.au/
www.facebook.com/sweetperfectioncakes (come visit sometime!)

Reply
post #22 of 22
I would say yes. I do a farmers market fro. 2pm-7pm and sell over 96 cupcakes and 30 brownies. This is in a small town and just a few hours. I would tho k a store front would sell that in half a day if in a good area icon_wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cupcakes!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › How many cupcakes can I sell? - REALISTICALLY