Related Forum Threads
- Difference between crusting and non-crusting buttercream? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:32am in Cake Decorating
- Karen's Meringue Buttercream.. HELP! Last post on 9/10/12 at 10:19am in Cookies!
- IMBC Last post on 11/24/12 at 7:28am in Recipes
- attaching fondant to buttercream Last post on 9/25/14 at 3:47pm in Cake Decorating
- Electric bc smother for sides of cake Last post on 12/6/12 at 10:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamLast edited: 1/22/12
- Delectable Butter Cream IcingLast edited: 6/7/11
- Nutella Truffle FillingLast edited: 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss ButtercreamLast edited: 6/7/11
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
IMBC ?????post #1 of 75/18/09 at 7:59amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 75/18/09 at 8:03amIt does not crust at all. It's wonderful and delicious, and is my preferred buttercream. If you have had swiss meringue BC, then you already know how it tastes/handles (they are identical in that way). Just make sure you have a good candy thermometer, if you are unfamiliar with cooking sugar: It's very important you get it to the soft-ball stage for the meringue to be successful and stable.Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"post #3 of 75/18/09 at 8:05ampost #4 of 75/18/09 at 8:07ampost #5 of 75/18/09 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #6 of 75/18/09 at 8:20amJust a note, IMBC isn't hard to smooth out, if that's a concern. As a matter of fact, I think it smooths out nicer than other types of BC. Use a damp off-set spatula (wet a washcloth or dish towl and wipe the spatula on it each time you smooth the BC) and it smooths out almost like fondant.post #7 of 711/23/12 at 9:15pm
I have seen different recipes for IMBC. some vary in the candy thermometer temp on the sugar, the amount of butter, etc. Could you share your recipe since you said it's all you use.
If I make a cake today covered in IMBC and want to serve it tomorrow evening, would I refrigerate it or leave it out at room temp (in an AC house)?
thank you so much; looking forward to trying this!
- IMBC ?????
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
- › Where can I buy this? 7 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 11 minutes ago
- › About freezing cake 28 minutes ago
- › Cottage food law 29 minutes ago
- › what brand straight sided cake tins do you use and why? 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › Problems with the Cooks Illustrated White Cake Recipe 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Has anyone tried Lila Lola's "end all chocolate cookie recipe"? 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › looking for baker in Hopkins, MN (or near) 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 1/30/15 3 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › Free cake referral disaster!!! Please help!!! 3 hours, 26 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones