Related Forum Threads
- Difference between crusting and non-crusting buttercream? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:32am in Cake Decorating
- Karen's Meringue Buttercream.. HELP! Last post on 9/10/12 at 10:19am in Cookies!
- IMBC Last post on 11/24/12 at 7:28am in Recipes
- attaching fondant to buttercream Last post on 8/23/14 at 11:06am in Cake Decorating
- Electric bc smother for sides of cake Last post on 12/6/12 at 10:47am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 3/12/12
- Italian Cream Cheese ButtercreamLast edited: 1/22/12
- Delectable Butter Cream IcingLast edited: 6/7/11
- Nutella Truffle FillingLast edited: 6/7/11
- White Chocolate Swiss ButtercreamLast edited: 6/7/11
Cupcake Wrapper Creator is such a fun program that let's you make any kind of wrapper design you need. It's great if you run a cupcake bakery because your customers will love it if you can offer...
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
IMBC ?????post #1 of 75/18/09 at 7:59amThread Starter
Cake Central Top Pickspost #2 of 75/18/09 at 8:03amIt does not crust at all. It's wonderful and delicious, and is my preferred buttercream. If you have had swiss meringue BC, then you already know how it tastes/handles (they are identical in that way). Just make sure you have a good candy thermometer, if you are unfamiliar with cooking sugar: It's very important you get it to the soft-ball stage for the meringue to be successful and stable.Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"Tara
<---wonders if anyone uses REAL ingredients anymore--sugar fruit nuts, cream, butter etc--instead of flavoring chemical cream from a bucket with pudding & jello and calling it "mousse"post #3 of 75/18/09 at 8:05ampost #4 of 75/18/09 at 8:07ampost #5 of 75/18/09 at 8:12amThread Starterpost #6 of 75/18/09 at 8:20amJust a note, IMBC isn't hard to smooth out, if that's a concern. As a matter of fact, I think it smooths out nicer than other types of BC. Use a damp off-set spatula (wet a washcloth or dish towl and wipe the spatula on it each time you smooth the BC) and it smooths out almost like fondant.post #7 of 711/23/12 at 9:15pm
I have seen different recipes for IMBC. some vary in the candy thermometer temp on the sugar, the amount of butter, etc. Could you share your recipe since you said it's all you use.
If I make a cake today covered in IMBC and want to serve it tomorrow evening, would I refrigerate it or leave it out at room temp (in an AC house)?
thank you so much; looking forward to trying this!
- IMBC ?????
Cake Central Top Picks
- Italian Cream Cheese Buttercream
- › Help! Chocolate icing nightmare! 3 minutes ago
- › To Fill or Not To Fill 5 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 11 minutes ago
- › A "different" SMBC 58 minutes ago
- › How to attach a Giant Cupcake on top of another cake for transporting 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Chocoloate frosting 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › vanilla powder 1 hour, 40 minutes ago
- › Pricing 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Cleveland, Ohio - Please help! 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › SMBC and Fondant - I need some education! 2 hours, 22 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by joshuap
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones