Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › A Thread for all UK bakers!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Thread for all UK bakers!! - Page 1455

post #21811 of 21821
Aw bless her Lynne. And your poor cat too. Sending you big, fat, Welsh cwtches. X

Nanny that's gorgeous! I knew you were worrying for nothing! The lace round the edges is beautiful, the white on white looks good doesn't it.
post #21812 of 21821
Yes guess it looks better than I thought it would.

You didn't say how pleased they were with your cake either.
post #21813 of 21821
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmum View Post

She is still suffering Maisie, thanks for asking. Work permitting travelling north Friday to spend the weekend with her as it will be the last time I can get up there before Christmas. If only we could be teleported rather than doing that long drive over the weekend.  Leaving catsdad at home looking after sick cat, Charlie who has now also been diagnosed with dementia (would you believe it?) and the other two.

Hope you class goes o.k. - you'll be fine as your enthusiasm will shine through - and the kids will love you.

Sorry your mum is still ill, bless her, it must be so hard for her.

Pretty sure my cat has dementia too, he begs for food so you feed him, he eats, five mins later he forgets he has food in his bowl and starts at it again, and it's like he is genuinely starving and not just eaten. He's 15 so I just tell him he's senile and put him back at his food, eats a little more and then we start over, this can go in for a while. Bless him
post #21814 of 21821

Hi everyone

 

Sorry I have missed tons!  Lynne - sending you best wishes for your mum.  Sorry to hear that you are overloaded.

Sian - sorry to hear about your leg too.  Hope that gets all sorted soon.

 

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my other half's biopsy results.  It truly is a lovely early Xmas gift for us.

 

I absolutely love that bus Andrea!  It's great - I think it's the first I've seen - unique.

.

Barbara - loving the cake with the lace and the Gerbera.  It does look lovely.

 

I am trying to catch up but what happened on FB?  Is anybody going to tell me?

 

Kathy

How to win friends and influence people.....bake them a cake!
Reply
How to win friends and influence people.....bake them a cake!
Reply
post #21815 of 21821
Nanny that's a beautiful cake the flowers are really pretty 😊
post #21816 of 21821
Thanks everyone, I do feel a bit better now the flowers are on there, I would be more than happy I put they kept it plain.
post #21817 of 21821
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysCakes View Post

Hi everyone

Sorry I have missed tons!  Lynne - sending you best wishes for your mum.  Sorry to hear that you are overloaded.
Sian - sorry to hear about your leg too.  Hope that gets all sorted soon.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments about my other half's biopsy results.  It truly is a lovely early Xmas gift for us.

I absolutely love that bus Andrea!  It's great - I think it's the first I've seen - unique.
.
Barbara - loving the cake with the lace and the Gerbera.  It does look lovely.

I am trying to catch up but what happened on FB?  Is anybody going to tell me?

Kathy

Kathy, amazing news about your hubby, don't think I've said that yet but it really is.

On FB the admin in CPC page publicly bullied and belittled Tidd's, saying she was lying about how many cakes she has made. She then posted screen shots of Tidd's personal page and was counting inspiration cakes, computer generated images and Fimo as actual cake and the. Invited all members of the page to scrutinise it. If was a public lynching and was bang out of order.

Maisie, good luck this arvo, you don't need it though.

Nanny, love the cake. It's come out beautiful.
post #21818 of 21821

@Siany01 Don't worry - you'll get back on it and you'll be better at listening to your body this time!
@nannycook121 I love the cake! The lace adds a really nice touch to it.

 

I contacted the lady who complained about the cake yesterday and asked if she could get me a slice. She said she'll ask her friend and let me know. Now it's Wednesday and I delivered that cake Saturday evening and it was cut on Sunday. I don't think it's in any shape for me to judge what's wrong. Should I contact her again? Saying I won't be able to taste the cake now as it's been too long for me to judge how good the bake was. I can always offer her a 10% discount on the next cake she orders? I hope I haven't lost a customer over this. It's early days and they are so rare. :'(

post #21819 of 21821

Nanny your cake is beautiful really pretty.

 

Maisie you'll be fine once you get going with the class they'll all love you.

 

Catsmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsmum View Post
 

She is still suffering Maisie, thanks for asking. Work permitting travelling north Friday to spend the weekend with her as it will be the last time I can get up there before Christmas. If only we could be teleported rather than doing that long drive over the weekend.  Leaving catsdad at home looking after sick cat, Charlie who has now also been diagnosed with dementia (would you believe it?) and the other two.

 

Hope you class goes o.k. - you'll be fine as your enthusiasm will shine through - and the kids will love you.

Catsdad Lol I love it :-D

 

Sorry to hear your mum is still suffering, I'm sure spending the weekend with you will cheer her up no end. Poor Charlie to I hate when pets get ill.

 

Bless your poor cat to Siany, my dog is getting like that but not with food. She cries to jump on the bed then five minutes later jumps down walks around the whole bed then cries to get back up again, she does this most of the night.

 

Tiddy your bus looks even better on the new photo's, can't believe that someone did that to you on FB what a Bi*ch 

post #21820 of 21821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siany01 View Post


Kathy, amazing news about your hubby, don't think I've said that yet but it really is.

On FB the admin in CPC page publicly bullied and belittled Tidd's, saying she was lying about how many cakes she has made. She then posted screen shots of Tidd's personal page and was counting inspiration cakes, computer generated images and Fimo as actual cake and the. Invited all members of the page to scrutinise it. If was a public lynching and was bang out of order.

Maisie, good luck this arvo, you don't need it though.

Nanny, love the cake. It's come out beautiful.

Oh no that's shockingly bad!  I didn't realise - sorry Andrea - didn't mean to bring it up again.  Do you know what.....half of them would be happy to be half as good as you.  Sounds like the green eyed monster is at work.  Have you guys left the forum then?  With "friends" like them who needs enemies eh?

 

Smysha - personally, I would leave it as it is.  You should wait to see if she replies (which I doubt).  If it were me, I would totally wait until she had come back - ball is in her court.  Obviously, the cake will now be stale if there is any left (again, which I doubt).  You might make future dealings with this customer slightly risky as you might appear, in her eyes, as being the person in the wrong.  She may take advantage of that in the future.  Still - just my opinion and I know customers are hard to find and all.

 

Kathy

How to win friends and influence people.....bake them a cake!
Reply
How to win friends and influence people.....bake them a cake!
Reply
post #21821 of 21821
Oh that's awful, is that Cake page circle your talking about.

Thank you everyone, it's growing on me now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cupcakes!
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cupcakes! › A Thread for all UK bakers!!