Serves/Yields: 2 10-inch pan
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Category: Yellow Cakes
this is my favorite recipe i use this cake more than 95% of the time. it's alway delicious.
1 lb unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cup granulated sugar, less 3 tbsp to use later
4 cups cake flour
12 extra-large egg yolks and 4 extra-large egg whites (put aside 8 extra large whites for the icing.)
1 Tbsp baking powder
1 Tbsp light rum
1 Tbsp dominican vanilla
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup whole milk or pinapple juice
2 Tbsp cornstrach
1 Tbsp lemon zest
1. preheat oven to 350 f. prepare two 10 inch pans, brushe with butter and lined with parchment paper.
2. cream the butter on LOW speed (2 minutes). Add the sugar and cream for an additional 2 minutes. The mixture should be light an creamy.
3. In a seperate bowl, mix all the dry ingredients (cake flour, baking powder, salt, and cornstrach). Sift the mixture twice. Meanwhile in other separate bowl, mix milk or juice, rum and vainlla together and hold it aside.
4. on LOW speed, add yolks one at a time to the creamend butter and sugar mixture. Mix until the yolks disappear. Alternately, add the flour and liquid mixture in three turns, starting with the flour. Add lemon zest and mix an additional 30 seconds.
5. in a seperate bowl, beat the 4 extra-large egg white until stiff (but not too dry), about 3 minutes on high speed. At he end of 2 minutes of beating, add the 3 tablespoons of sugar. beat for an additional 60 seconds.
6. Carefully fold whites into the cake batter. Pour the batter into prepared pans (two-thirds full). Bake in the center of oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the cake slightly shrinks from the pan and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
storage: Dominican cake will last up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.
Found the Recipe here. Enjoy