Okay, the contest at my work ended. I received probably 50 or more suggestions. Some were awesome and others were totally off the wall. 20 names made it thru the first cut. Now I've narrowed it down to 9, plus I took one name suggestion for my slogan. Here are the names I narrowed it to:
1. Cakewalk Confectioners
2. Vallee Cake Creations
3. Takes the Cake Bakeshop (I added Bakeshop and the s on takes)
4. Cake Walk Bakeshop (I added Bakeshop)
5. Vallee's Cakery & Bakery (I added & Bakery)
6. Piece of Cake Bakeshop (again, I added Bakeshop)
7. The Icing on the Cake Bakeshop (added Bakeshop, thinking of dropping 'The' at the beginning...)
8. Vallee's Cake Boutique
9. Say it with Cake Bakeshop (guess what? I added the Bakeshop!)
Slogan is: Easy as pie... Better as Cake.
My SIL and I have been talking for a while about going into business together. Neither of us are financially ready to go too far with that right now, but we want to leave the option open for the future. So I discussed the names with her and we are getting together on Sat. morn to develop a sort of business plan. I want to make sure that the name will apply to both of us if she does join me in the future so we do not have to change business names if/when it happens. We want something catchy, but professional, memorable but not cheesy.
I'm taking an informal poll from all you creative experts out there!! What do you all think about the names? Also, how about the slogan? I will be announcing my decision on Tuesday...