Help please! It seems like these cake boxes just keep getting smaller! I am preparing to make Heavenly Pumpkin Spice Cake. The recipe calls for a 18.25 oz package of spice cake mix. When I check my Betty Crocker spice cake, it comes in at a meager 15.25 oz. So....do I pop open another box and add 3 oz?
- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 424
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6347 of 639811/6/13 at 6:37am
Make your own cake mix, and you won't have to worry about the size of the box mix. I use this great recipe posted by I Am Baker. Here's the link: http://iambaker.net/homemade-cake-mix/
I keep a large container of this in an airtight container and just measure out what I need.post #6348 of 639811/6/13 at 9:17am
If the pan size is larger than 9" I add an extra 2 cups of mix, 1/2 c flour, 1/2 c sugar, 1/2 c sour cream, 2/3 c liquid. I do end up with with open bags of cake mix wrapped up in my fridge, but they eventually get used pretty quickly with outhr cakes.
Thanks, Hoosier Mama, for the recipe.post #6349 of 639811/6/13 at 9:17ampost #6350 of 639811/6/13 at 10:04am
I just got finished making my in-laws 50th Anniversary cake using 5 different flavored cake mixes. I opened another box, added it to the smaller box, and weighed it until it reached 18.25 oz. I then proceeded as usual according to the WASC recipe! It came out perfect. The opened box with leftover cake mix I have used for small batches of cupcakes later.post #6351 of 639811/6/13 at 1:06pmWow!! For someone just starting out.... these lists are amazing! Thank you for sharing! I'm excited to try some for fun and see how they turn out. I'm still learning and only offer two flavors! I feel so behind. lol. Then again, I'm just making my first paid cake this weekend. I have SO much to learn!post #6352 of 639811/6/13 at 5:19pm
This thread is amazing!
I love giving my cakes a twist and hardly follow a recipe to the dot.
You guys are truly amazing. Macmom, ur list gives me so many ideas!!!
Last night I had 3 orders and it was all new flavours.
green tea genoise cake, filled with green tea infused cream cheese, and topped the fresh cream and green tea crumbs
Black sesame genoise cake filled with fresh cream with black sesame and topped wih fresh cream
3rd cake: (client likes orange and chocolate)
I took a chocolate cake recipe and added orange extract, filled it with fresh cream with orange flavour and topped it with chocolate orange ganache. (It smells so divine!)post #6353 of 639811/7/13 at 1:22pmHi! Not sure if you ladies are all in the US or whether you can get these ingredients over there. I've been using Mahlab, which is an Arabic spice originating from cherry stones.. It gives a really delicate flavour which goes perfectly with citrus.. Great for a delicately flavoured wedding cake. It comes as a powder. My favourite simple flavouring is cardamom, again it is amazing with either citrus or warm spices...post #6354 of 639811/8/13 at 1:00pmpost #6355 of 639811/9/13 at 5:47pmpost #6356 of 639811/10/13 at 9:05ampost #6357 of 639811/10/13 at 9:28ampost #6358 of 639811/13/13 at 10:30ampost #6359 of 639811/20/13 at 6:13amQuote:
I'm slowly reading through this thread but I would like to know the answer to this as well. What exactly are we substituting? I'm not too good with the science behind baking somi don't want to screw my cakes up by substituting the wrong things.post #6360 of 639811/20/13 at 5:04pmQuote:
I can't tell what this refers to.... Various liquids can be substituted for each other (?)
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 1/30/15 2 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Need help now! Heavy cake topper!! 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › Glycerin in scratch cake recipes??? 5 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › FROZEN CUPCAKES/CAKES 5 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › fondant and rice krispie treats 5 hours, 25 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 6 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 7 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Buttercream piping on fondant - why is this happening? 7 hours, 18 minutes ago
- › How do you cut a cake that's decorated using the Lambeth method? 7 hours, 52 minutes ago
- › photos wanted of your cake room! 7 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones