- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 421
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6302 of 63989/7/13 at 6:58pmpost #6303 of 63989/8/13 at 5:34ampost #6304 of 63989/8/13 at 6:35am
Here are two links to the recipes.post #6305 of 63989/9/13 at 7:20ampost #6306 of 63989/11/13 at 5:02pmpost #6307 of 63989/12/13 at 6:46ampost #6308 of 63989/13/13 at 12:58pmpost #6309 of 63989/13/13 at 12:59pmpost #6310 of 63989/18/13 at 5:10pmpost #6311 of 63989/27/13 at 7:43pm
So I've been taking a break from caking, but have two coming up pretty shortly. After checking the google doc, I saw that the ratio has changed a bit due to the smaller cake mix sizes:
"With the new sizes of cake mixes, the only change I recommend is reducing the sugar from 2 cups to 1-3/4 cups. The batter will not fill the pans as much as it used to, so I have been simply adding an extra cup of cake mix for my 9” pans without any other addition of ingredients. For larger pans (10” and up), I add an entire ¼ recipe in order to sufficiently fill my pans, mainly if I plan to torte each 2” cake into 1” cake layers."
Does this mean I should reduce the sugar to 1 3/4 and add 1 cup of cake mix? Does it change the consistency of the cake much?post #6312 of 63989/27/13 at 7:52pmpost #6313 of 63989/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #6314 of 63989/28/13 at 9:04pm
I only add extra cake mix if I am using 10" or larger pans. Otherwise everything stays the same but the sugar (1-3/4 c). I reduce the sugar to help keep cakes from sinking.
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 16 minutes ago
- › Doll cake without Wilton mold? 47 minutes ago
- › How to achieve the perfect fondent covered cake 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › cake boss white velvet cake too thick batter 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How do I make cake lace Butterflies rigid? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Cake lace 2 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › Where to purchase cake boxes 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Free cake sketcher????? 2 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › sugar paste 3 hours, 1 minute ago
- › White Flower Cake Shoppe Signature flower 3 hours, 31 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones