- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
I like these gel colors. Ihave another box that has many more, not just 8. But they're all the same. I prefer gel colors to any other kind because they don't really affect the consistency. Only if...
These are nice to add a pretty touch to the cake. But when my brother was eating a slice , he tried to bite into the rose! Lol, tried being the key word. Overall, I love these roses. But I don't...
This product sort of adds more stress to my decorating. The little screw at the end keeps coming off when I roll. So I screw it tighter, but then the roller doesn't roll because the screw "holds"...
I used to use Wilton. It gets the job done, Its fondant. But I found it to be a brick and impossible to roll and kneed. Microwaving it in 5-10 second intervals helps but... the taste just doesn't...
This caddy has a little room for a lot of stuff, not meant to hold everything. Rolls easily, with the pull handle that's slides down to store it. Rack on back for literature. 2 racks on top for...
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 421
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6302 of 63959/7/13 at 6:58pmpost #6303 of 63959/8/13 at 5:34ampost #6304 of 63959/8/13 at 6:35am
Here are two links to the recipes.post #6305 of 63959/9/13 at 7:20ampost #6306 of 63959/11/13 at 5:02pmpost #6307 of 63959/12/13 at 6:46ampost #6308 of 63959/13/13 at 12:58pmpost #6309 of 63959/13/13 at 12:59pmpost #6310 of 63959/18/13 at 5:10pmpost #6311 of 63959/27/13 at 7:43pm
So I've been taking a break from caking, but have two coming up pretty shortly. After checking the google doc, I saw that the ratio has changed a bit due to the smaller cake mix sizes:
"With the new sizes of cake mixes, the only change I recommend is reducing the sugar from 2 cups to 1-3/4 cups. The batter will not fill the pans as much as it used to, so I have been simply adding an extra cup of cake mix for my 9” pans without any other addition of ingredients. For larger pans (10” and up), I add an entire ¼ recipe in order to sufficiently fill my pans, mainly if I plan to torte each 2” cake into 1” cake layers."
Does this mean I should reduce the sugar to 1 3/4 and add 1 cup of cake mix? Does it change the consistency of the cake much?post #6312 of 63959/27/13 at 7:52pmpost #6313 of 63959/28/13 at 6:17pmpost #6314 of 63959/28/13 at 9:04pm
I only add extra cake mix if I am using 10" or larger pans. Otherwise everything stays the same but the sugar (1-3/4 c). I reduce the sugar to help keep cakes from sinking.
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
Cake Central Top Picks
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › Cake brain 15 minutes ago
- › Lots of issues so far.... Help? 18 minutes ago
- › Do you work at home? Just how dressed do you get? 38 minutes ago
- › Silicon onlay- this pattern? 40 minutes ago
- › Fondant Pizza for TMNT Cake 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Wedding cake issues and disagreement. 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › Ball Tool-- Who has the best one??? 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Royal Icing Transfer (RIT) PICTORIAL! 3 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Add Silver Leaf On Fondant 4 hours ago
- › Wilton Set of 8 Icing Colors by LizKatherine
- › Red Icing Roses Large by Wilton by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Fondant Ribbon Cutter Embosser Set by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Pure White Rolled Fondant, 80 oz by LizKatherine
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Rolling Tool Caddy by blwilley
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by DaDa561
- › Wilton 1907-1107 Set of 10 Gum-Paste Modeling Tools with Storage Case by KARichards46
- › Collections Etc - Cake Batter Dispenser With Measuring Label by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Cake Stackers Support System by inspiredbymom
- › Paramount Crystals 4 oz. by daisybee
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones