Thanks everyone for the cake flavors!!! UR all awesome...
- topicAlmondtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBananatagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicBlack Forest Caketagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicButterscotchtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCappuccinotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCaramel Appletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCarrot Cakestagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCinnamon Rollstagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCitrustagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicCoconuttagged by System, 10/31/12More
- topicCookietagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicDreamsicletagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicEspressotagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicIrish Creamtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicRumtagged by System, 10/31/12
- topicWeddingtagged by System, 10/31/12
Related Forum Threads
- Making my own wedding cake Last post on 11/13/13 at 8:24am in Cake Decorating
- Overreacting bride? Last post on 12/19/12 at 10:12am in Cake Decorating
- Wedding cake with lines on it help! Last post on 11/29/12 at 8:57am in Cake Decorating
- In Desparate Need of Ideas Last post on 12/10/12 at 5:58am in Cake Decorating
- How would you do this design? Last post on 11/25/12 at 9:54am in Cake Decorating
Last edited: 6/9/11
- All-Nighter CookiesLast edited: 12/29/09
- Coconut Cake with Ginger Lime CurdLast edited: 12/3/09
- Award Winning Pineapple Rum CakeLast edited: 10/24/09
- Amaretto Almond CakeLast edited: 6/13/11
i love stenciling, it adds a beautiful elegant touch to the cake. but it can be a disaster if you don't know how to do it properly.
The silpats in various sizes make my baking and decorating much simpler. Don't know what I would do without one. Love the small ones to bake on, no need for parchment paper. And the big one...
I have to use a lot of it to turn my buttercream white (I use only butter, no crisco). It makes the icing almost curdly and almost impossible to smooth nicely. There is always a huge clump in the...
Love it! Drying time is perfect, it gives me the right time to work with it before it start drying. I recommend this product! Silvina Barboza.
I've tried this fondant and I fell in love with it! Is a really good product, superior quality and great taste! Not coming back to my old fondant. Silvina Barboza Sugar Artist.
HELP! Gourmet flavors???? - Page 407
Cake Central Top Pickspost #6092 of 639812/6/12 at 12:53am
Thank you so much, Macsmom, for all the information you have shared. The combinations sound great and I cannot wait to try the Tropical Cake. I would like to know how you have worked around the new size/reformulated cake mixes from PB and BC for the WASC. I have read threads about adding mix from another box or reducing the amount of liquid, but my WASC is not coming out the same ever since the change of mixes. Again thank you for all your help!post #6093 of 639812/6/12 at 9:03am
I haven't have any problems with the new sizes, except that they don't fill up the pans as much so I often have to add an additional 1/4 recipe - sometimes I just add an extra cup of cake mix.
I do, however, use less sugar - about 3 tbls to 1/4 cup (I don't measure, I just don't fill up the measuring cup as full with sugar).post #6094 of 639812/6/12 at 10:33ampost #6095 of 639812/6/12 at 11:05ampost #6096 of 639812/11/12 at 10:32ampost #6097 of 639812/11/12 at 9:56pmpost #6098 of 639812/28/12 at 4:59pmpost #6099 of 639812/29/12 at 9:12am
In my signature line there is a link to the recipe list. I try to keep that doc updated with changes and additions. At the bottom of the doc I list the dates of my last changes.post #6100 of 639812/29/12 at 10:40amThank you much for the update. I tried to click on this link a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't opening up for me. Now it's working! Yay!Debbie
My children go as far as the umbilical cord allows them!Debbie
My children go as far as the umbilical cord allows them!post #6101 of 639812/30/12 at 11:59ampost #6102 of 639812/31/12 at 11:21ampost #6103 of 639812/31/12 at 11:49ampost #6104 of 639812/31/12 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Bakers Crush
how about champaign flavour?
For champagne cake, I use cheap champagne for all of the liquid and add 1 tsp of rum flavoring (I prefer LoRann's Rum Emulsion. If using concentrated flavor oils, only use 1/4 to 1/2 tsp). You can also use diet sprite instead of champagne.post #6105 of 63981/4/13 at 10:24pm
MacMoms ~ Thanks for sharing your ideas, I have been sitting down for 2 days trying to come up with flavor profiles for my potential cake business. This helps me a whole lot. Let me ask, do your customers ever question the fact that you use box cake mixes or not. I find them incredibly convenient and that they take flavors well. Just wanted some professional input.
- HELP! Gourmet flavors????
- All-Nighter Cookies
- › How much would this cost? 9 minutes ago
- › Cottage food law 16 minutes ago
- › Boxing tiered cakes for pickup 19 minutes ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 29 minutes ago
- › high heel cupcakes 55 minutes ago
- › SMBC? What is the difference? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › keeping cookies soft when sitting out all day 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 1/30/15 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 2 hours, 21 minutes ago
- › Dairy free and soy free roll out fondant. 5 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Rose Cake Tier #2 Stencil by Designer Stencils by LizKatherine
- › Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Commercial Size Baking Mat by TrudyF
- › Wilton White-White Icing Color by Jenny BakesAlot
- › Renshaw Gum Paste, 1.1 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 10 Pound by Silvina Barboza
- › Ready-To-Roll Fondant White, 1-1/2 Pounds by Renshaw by psurrette
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Pink, 1.5 Pound by Dawn Parrott
- › Renshaw White Fondant Icing, 5 Pound by vizinamd
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Purple, 1.5 Pound by dlmcr
- › Renshaw Fondant Icing, Blue, 1.5 Pound by Couturecupcakes
- › Apple Tea Cake
- › Sophia the First cookie cake topper
- › Gingerbread Haunted House For Halloween
- › Delicious Crusting SNOW WHITE Buttercream /...
- › Fathers Day Griller
- › Mini Ghost Cakes for Halloween
- › Scary Spider Cookies for Halloween
- › Halloween cupcake topper
- › Best Ever Cupcake Icing - How to Video
- › How to make chocolate pinecones