Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › This can't be real. They let you photoshop your stuff first?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

This can't be real. They let you photoshop your stuff first? - Page 3  

post #31 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonfedcake

I know you are all quick to tell me what I did wrong and how I am so rude but what the heck is a pm? And why was that better than asking the question in an open forum?

I work at a commercial bakery, a VERY busy one! So I don't have pictures of my cakes because I sell 'em. But if my own talent is being questioned then I will hunt up a picture, and you can dog gone guarantee it will be a picture of a REAL cake or cookie that I made! with no printable paper or any of that nonsense.

I been looking around more and more and with all these business names across the pictures, was it that big of a jump to wonder if when they were putting those on they decided to add a little bit here and take a little bit off?

And I am sorry but neither of those two cookies looked like food or a cookie or anything that you would want to be puttin' in your mouth! And I'm no 'newbie' as you called me. I've been decorating for near ten years in the busiest bakery in town and can pipe a rose faster than you can blink. (I know that's a hard thing to master and I sure have and am proud of it!)

And I'm not new to the world of computers either. Just didn't realize this forum was so strict so I guess I'll just keep any kind of realistic or negative comment to myself. And I'll expect the same in return LOL.



Wow....I'm shocked that someone would be so rude....maybe instead of saying, "This can't be real, its edible paper!" Why didn't you ask, "How can this be done?" You need think things through before you post a message.
~Brenda~
~Brenda~
post #32 of 118
Why not go to the sites Doug pointed out? Whileyour looking go to Just Fabulous Pastries in San Diego and Rosebud Cakes in Los Angeles. You have a lot to learn.
post #33 of 118
Hey Veronica720 that was my first thought too...I think it's maybe somebody's idea of a way to get a big laugh and stir up the pot a bit. thumbsdown.gif
post #34 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Anyone that has taken a wilton course can pipe a rose. Maybe you coud show us your gumpaste flowers or carved, 3D cakes. The business names have been added to the cake photos so the photos can't be taken and used on someone's elses website.



Well but taking a Wilton course does not get you piping a rose in the blink of an eye and filling sheet pan after sheet pan full in minutes and the speedrack full in a 45 minutes to an hour. Taking a Wilton course does not get you operating in any way like a professional decorator.

Wilton courses are good but they are not pro. It's way different. The end product may both be a decorated cake but the method is apples and oranges different. It is also a very physically demanding job.
anytime you judge somebody and
you judge something that makes them happy 
that's your weakness speaking ~~ hilaria baldwin
anytime you judge somebody and
you judge something that makes them happy 
that's your weakness speaking ~~ hilaria baldwin
post #35 of 118
Hi spoonfed cake, I think the thing you're missing here is that the forum is not "strict" in some sort of big-brotherish way, but your OP was more of an accusation than an honest question. To state that the cookies are "clearly not real" is different than saying "WOW these are amazing, are they really real?" You also state "there is no way I can see of a non-printed way to make it look like that" as if to say, it's impossible for her to have truly painted the cookies. But in fact, there IS a way, as others here have been trying to explain!!

So, it often happens here, that people of course are going to come to the defense of their fellow decorator whose honesty is being called into question. It's a feature of this community that you hopefully, if you choose to spend more time here, will come to cherish.

Also "newbie" is not meant as a slanderous term, it just means that you are a new member of CC. In fact for your first several posts your line under your name indeed stated that you were a "newbie."

Realistic and constructive comments are always welcome here, but inflammatory and mean ones are not. Please understand, I am NOT trying to slam or "flame" you. It's just that you seemed to imply that you don't understand why everyone's dander is up, so I'd love to help make it clearer so that you can feel comfortable and happy here and hopefully become another one of the terrific members of this great online community. Of course if you're really just the person trying to stir up the pot here at good ol CC well, then, LOL you win! icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW there are also a lot of great cakes and cookies here made with printable pictures too! thumbs_up.gif
post #36 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijom

Hey Veronica720 that was my first thought too...I think it's maybe somebody's idea of a way to get a big laugh and stir up the pot a bit. thumbsdown.gif



Not only is that sad, but to also name someone on CC as well, basically being a liar. That is beyond sad. and a little sick.
Gotta have more cowbell!
Gotta have more cowbell!
post #37 of 118
It is just saddening that someone can just come on here and not bother to look at the talent and read some posts on how to do something before accussing people of their hard work. Obviously she doesn't want to be part of the cc family in my opinion.
post #38 of 118
KathysCC, I agreed with your post .... right up until the OP came back and reposted with a lot of attitude.

antonia, our own queen of cookies, gave info on how to PM, since the OP didnt' know how (as any of us would with a person new to the site); you offered the suggestion that "you know what guys, she's a newbie here, give her a break". The OP chose to keep on her high horse and try to convince us that our friend's cookies were fake.

Those who know CakeDiva (and I'm one who also remembers the thread where she talked about in great detail how long it took to paint that great detail!) tried to tell the OP these were real and instead of listening to those of us who have known CakeDiva for some time, the OP continues to berate the talent. She even feels the need to point out that she doesnt' use "printable paper or any of that nonsense", so I guess that means she will also have an attitude on the many many edible image cakes/cookies that are on this site.

She says she doesn't post any of her pics because she works in a bakery and "sells" her cakes. Well la de dah, so do many of us. THe greatest cake talent on here, Thanh Thanh, works in a commercial setting and manages to post many of her fabulous works of art, so I dont' see how that has anything to do with anything, other than an excuse to not post pics of her own work.

Being a "newbie" is merely a measurement of time and participation on this site .... it has nothing to do with how long you've been doing cakes. So the OP really didn't need to get all up in arms over the term.

So I was very willing to give her some slack .... because, after all, she's a newbie and may not understand the family-feeling we all have here .... right up to the point that she demonstrated she has no interest in listening to testimony to the contrary. If she wants to be right, no matter what, .... well, that's a pretty lonely place to be.
post #39 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathysCC

Everyone PLEASE go easy on the OP (original poster)...she just joined today. She is new and probably hasn't seen the level of cake decorating that is displayed here. Let's look at it as an honor that she thought it was an edible image and not hand painted. She is probably not familiar with hand painted cookies. Give her some more time to browse and PLEASE, no slamming, PRETTY PLEASE?



Now, while I admit that this person is new, and we might think about giving her a break for thinking that those were not really hand-painted, I want to put this into "real life" perspective.

Let's say that I just moved into a new neighbourhood. And let's say that someone was having a block party (I don't know if people really do this anymore or not, but for the sake of argument, just follow me). I would perhaps go over and start introducing myself, and asking about my new neighbours, but I would NOT go into that person's house and start ragging on them because I thought they had Knock-off designer furniture, rather than actual designer-furniture. I might chat them up a bit and say "gee, I really like your furniture, where did you get it?" But I, and most of us here, would NEVER stand on the front lawn and call out "Hey, Bubba over here has knock-off furniture, and I know it" Never mind that you are wrong in the first place...
Eat Smart... Eat Cake!!!
Eat Smart... Eat Cake!!!
post #40 of 118
Commercial bakeries (for the most part) are about QUANITY not QUALITY. That is the difference. People on this web site have a passion driving them to learn, create and develop new skills as opposed to the only motivation being the almighty dollar. When your heart is in your work it shows. When it is only about the money it shows. Just take a look around the big name stores at what kind of cakes THEY put out.
Most people who have passion driving them are very proud of their work and have pics to show. I am learning and can't imagine having the artistic skills of someone like CakeDiva.
If causing trouble is your goal here you have failed. This is a wonderful community of great people. We share personal failures as well as accomplishments. Therefore, it is not just a "website".
post #41 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorijom

Hey Veronica720 that was my first thought too...I think it's maybe somebody's idea of a way to get a big laugh and stir up the pot a bit. thumbsdown.gif



Not only is that sad, but to also name someone on CC as well, basically being a liar. That is beyond sad. and a little sick.



Ok so I really feel that this might be a jokester we have...take a look at this thread http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6000212-.html#6000212

If the OP is truly interested in being a member of this community I think maybe a little more time spent reviewing how we treat each other is definitely in order.
post #42 of 118
Wow! I am a little dissapointed in our new member. I would never think to post something like that ever - especially being so new to CC. Heck it took me MONTHS of lurking on CC before I even had the courage to post a question.

Please, if you are here to stir up trouble, just leave. We are a very tight community and your mean comments are not welcome.
Facebook - Sweet Escapes Bakery
If you fan me I will fan you!
Facebook - Sweet Escapes Bakery
If you fan me I will fan you!
post #43 of 118
Wow. icon_lol.gif That shoe can't possibly taste too good.

They meant "newbie" to this forum, not to cake decorating. What part of the country are you in? I only ask because if you've been in the field for 10 years, surely you've seen the amazing things that one can do with sugar art these days.

The printer you just acquired is not really new to the field. Yes, you can print images to place on cakes and cookies but many people do dabble in painting with the gels and other mediums. Some people do nothing but cookies and use the same icings you'd use on cakes (fondant, royal, BC, etc.)

I can understand if this is the first time you've seen them, cool. But even AFTER you've been told that they are indeed real works of art, you still speak as if you do not believe it...just because you've never seen it. Come on now. That's what people are having a problem with. You're not asking if it's real - you're continually insinuating that it's not.

CakeDiva, please take this as a testament to what awesome work you do. People don't believe it's real! lol That is a huge compliment. thumbs_up.gif

Spoonfed, keep looking through the galleries, you will be amazed at the talent. And the "business names" you see are just watermarks peopel place on their work because others tend to steal the pics and claim them as their own work.
post #44 of 118
On second thought after reviewing the other post about CANNED FROSTING icon_cry.gif I think we are dealing with a "young person" or someone who is obviously very immature.
post #45 of 118
The funny thing is, if this is all just a prank or an attempt to get us all riled up for someone else's amusement, there is still an unintended benefit that the OP has created. Look at the way we all rally around our friends here to support our community. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. (dang, where's that HUG emoticon when you need it??!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
This thread is locked  
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › This can't be real. They let you photoshop your stuff first?