............We don't follow the instructions on the box right?..........When is the flavoring added in?...........Which one is normally cheaper, sour cream or yogurt?
I can use any kind of yogurt except for fat free right?..........How about Greek yogurt?............Do I measure the sour cream/yogurt in a dry measuring cup or does it already say on the package?...........
I realize these are VERY OLD ?s but I guess I'm just now seeing them and any new people reading this will get the benniffit of the answers :)
1) No you do not follow the instruction the the cake mix box but use the instruction in the recipe.
2) flavoring is not used in the batter. I only use it in the icing.
3) I don't know which is cheaper and it will vary according to where you live. Check out your local markets.
4) I have used fat free. 5) As for Greek, it is thicker than 'normal' yogurt but I don't think it will effect the recipe. To me it is much more 'sour' so it might help cut the
sweetness some for those who find the recipe as stated too sweet.
6) I do not measure. I use a whole carton as the size is stated on each carton of yogurt or s.c.
Lately I've been playing around with the recipe a bit and have reduced the sugar so far by 1/3 cup.