To fix this?
Well first of all the corner that pulled off was still pretty much intact, so I smeared some icing on the torn side of the cake and pressed the corner into it and stuck a lollipop stick horizontally thru that piece and into the cake. Then I iced over that with more icing. After I scraped off the arms I propped George's fat head
onto the middle of the cake instead, using the same support I did in the corner (see photo), just like adding a second tier to a cake. Then I used extra cake slices to build up his upper back before piping on the basic body shape. I covered up some smeared areas with butterflys. I wish I had taken a better close-up picture of the patch. Luckily it was in the back of the cake.
Hey, now that I'm looking at this again I didn't even do his feet right! I didn't finish them! I meant to make them look more like feet with toes. EGADS!!!
They look totally funky and I didn't even notice until now!!!