Originally Posted by TealiciouslyYours
MariaLovesCakes, you mentioned the Wilton cookie recipe... which one? I found several on the Wilton site. Are you referring to the 'Roll-out Cookie' recipe? I'm trying to find a recipe that will hold together when I make the bigger/thicker cookies. Thanks!
Yes, its the Roll out cookie recipe, but they changed it on the new book.
Here is the one I use all the time and i LOVE it!
Roll Out Cookies
1 cup of butter
1 cup of granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp of vanilla extract (clear but I have use the other one too)
2 tsp of baking powder
3 cups of flour
Preheat oven to 400 F.
1. In large bowl cream butter and sugar with electric mixer.
2. Beat in eggs and vanilla.
3. Mix baking powder and flour, adding one cup at a time and mixing well.
4. The dough will be stiff. Blend last cup of flour by hand.
5. Do not chill.
6. Divide into 2 balls.
7. Roll out dough into 12 inch diameter and 1/8 inch (I just eyeball this)
8. Cut into shapes desired and bake for 6-7 minutes or until lightly golden brown
Dough can be tinted with Icing color.
I can't tell you how much I like this recipe. I love it!