Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › AIr bubbles in BC
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AIr bubbles in BC

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 
Ok... how frustrating!
I made my bc tonite for class. I could hardly decorate cause the BC had so many air bubbles in it. Any ideas as of why??

Do you think it can come from mixing it too long in the KA??

The KA is new.. maybe i just get carried away LOL!!

thanks!

Ute
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #2 of 9
I know it is fustrating.... I think that happened to me once and it drove me bananas.... take some time and read these
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-1353.html
because this is a big topic about bc and maybe you can find the answers there.... I'm still in the process of reading it...
post #3 of 9
Yes, you may have mixed too long or too fast. Try mixing it on the lowest setting for one minute when you think it's all done. That helps take out some of the air bubbles. Also, if you let it sit about 10 minutes and then use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold it, you can get a lot of the air bubbles out that way. I had this probably start happening recently using more butter in my recipe when I'd been doing all shortening before. The frosting w/ half butter tastes much better, but is harder to handle, I think.

hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

~AngelWendy
post #4 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWendy

Yes, you may have mixed too long or too fast. Try mixing it on the lowest setting for one minute when you think it's all done. That helps take out some of the air bubbles. Also, if you let it sit about 10 minutes and then use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold it, you can get a lot of the air bubbles out that way. I had this probably start happening recently using more butter in my recipe when I'd been doing all shortening before. The frosting w/ half butter tastes much better, but is harder to handle, I think.

hope this helps. icon_smile.gif

~AngelWendy



thanks for that advice angel!!...
I defintaly think you are right, its from mixing it too much. I have only used Dawns BC.. and this was the 1st time I got the air bubbles. And i think back to yesterday when i made it.. I did mix the Crisco, butter and Flavorings awful long.. LOL! see what happens when you get a kitchen aid! Its soo easy to forget that its running!

thanks
ute
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #5 of 9
I was having this same problem and Cali4dawn gave me some suggestions. It's ok to mix the butter, crisco and flavorings for a while, you want them super smoothe. From experience make sure your butter is at room temp icon_smile.gif After that phase is done mix in the sugar on a low setting and only mix it as long as you need to get it incorporated. I also had just got my KA and was just letting it sit for minutes mixing while I was doing something else. Making sure your sugar is sifted well also may help get it smoother.
post #6 of 9
I always fix my shortening first then add butter then add flavors. i will mix those for about five minutes or so till it is nice and fluffy. I then will add my sugar and liquid if needed. I mix the sugar just until it is mixed and smooth and try not to do a minute longer. That is when I start to get air bubbles.
Becky D
cakeconfections@gmail.com
www.cakeconfections.net
Reply
Becky D
cakeconfections@gmail.com
www.cakeconfections.net
Reply
post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeconfections

I always fix my shortening first then add butter then add flavors. i will mix those for about five minutes or so till it is nice and fluffy. I then will add my sugar and liquid if needed. I mix the sugar just until it is mixed and smooth and try not to do a minute longer. That is when I start to get air bubbles.



YEP!! i think you are exactly right! Ill make sure to watch it the next time. how long would you say you mix it for with the sugar in there??
on what speed?
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
post #8 of 9
I'm sorry, I read the everything you need to know about BC and the air bubble thing wasnt in there. Sorry... I know its been posted somewhere.
post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by flayvurdfun

I'm sorry, I read the everything you need to know about BC and the air bubble thing wasnt in there. Sorry... I know its been posted somewhere.



Oh no, That is ok Flay.... I have a feeling its the mixing. this is the 1st time its happen to me.. so well see icon_smile.gif

thank you !!!
Ute
Reply
Ute
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Cake Decorating
Cake Central › Cake Forums › Cake Talk › Cake Decorating › AIr bubbles in BC