Thought I would report back on my cookie baking adventures. I made a second batch of no-fail sugar cookies as the folks at work loved them, then made Antonia 74's royal icing, but added 1sp of glycerine per pound of sugar. Now I am not sure if it made a difference, because I saw someone say her icing is not rock hard, but the icing did harden but not to the point of teeth breakers. Will have to try it withougt the glycerine and see what the difference is.
As you can see from the pics, the outlining of the bunny did not work well, that was because I had the icing too still/dry, but figured it out by the time I did the chicks. I need to flood the cookies more, I think, and I really need to work on drawing eyes - some of the bunnies looked real scary! I like how the chick came out with just the blue eye, almost like a "peep". Now these cookies I am going to try to take order for, at an "introductory" price of $1.25 each......they are about 3-4" tall. Yes that is a low price, but not counting my time, I do make a profit. By the end of this year, I plan on being so good that they will have to pay $3-4 per holiday cookie so I can make some holiday spending money!
Let me know what you real good cookie decorators think!