I am so excited. I made a new batch of the No Fail Sugar Cookies today and they turned out sooooo good! Thank you for all the advice I got yesterday.
This is my tweek of the No Fail Recipe:
* I make it in a 1/2 batch, so that is what is below.
1 cup Salted Butter, softened slightly
1 cup Sugar
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Cups Flour
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Add baking powder and half of the flour. Mix well.
4. Add the rest of the flour and continue mixing until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Divide Dough in half and roll it out between 2 sheets of wax or parchment paper until you get the desired thickness then place it in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
6. Take out of the freezer and remove top lining of the wax or parchment paper. Cut dough into desired shapes and place on another sheet of wax paper. Return the shapes to the freezer for another 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Take shapes OFF wax paper and place your cookies on your baking sheet. DO NOT PUT THE WAX PAPER IN THE OVEN, however if you use parchment paper then you CAN put that in the oven.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes.
9. When cookies are done take out of the oven and let them stand for about 5 minutes before you transfer them to a cookie rack.
Makes approx. 25 - 30 three inch cookies.
Well, that is what I did. For the most part I used the recipe, but tweeked it slightly. They turned out soooo good. I want to "taste test" another one, LOL.