Originally Posted by mshoneybrown
1. what is the easiest icing to use for the outline? Wilton's class buttercream or the tube stuff?
2. Also after you have outlined, when you are filling in the colors, should you no longer see your outline? 3. should it all be blended together in the back?
4. last question, what is the consistency of the icing for the color fill in? medium or thin?? thsnks.
1. I used some of wilton's tube stuff mixed with the homemade icing noted in the directions. (for my first fbct, it came out okay...was in a hurry to place it on cake and I messed up the outline)
2. The outline on the sides, you should still see until you put on that very last coat of icing. I covered the outlines within the picture with the colors. (ie. all pokemon's faces were covered with their skin color. I didn't cover Ash's eyes and mouth with his skin color - wanted to see what the difference would be)
3. I think it should all be blended in the back. (that's how mine worked)
4. can't help on that one (to new to know the difference in consistency)
I have a lot to correct on my first FBCT, but I tried it and now I know what to do and how to make those corrections.
here's a pic. http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=Tweetycup&cat=0&pos=0
It was a practice run for my son's b-day next month. The cake I used to set it on, was a disaster in itself, but it held the FBCT until I took my picture and we cut it.
HTH a little.