Posted by reenieI made this cake for Lou's wedding after she asked for a cherry cake. I took a chance and came up with this recipe. Paired with dark chocolate ganache filling it tastes exactly like chocolate covered cherries!
Lou's Cherry Wedding Cake
- 1 box white cake mix (with pudding), prepared as box instructs 4 Tbsp. cherry preserves 1 Tbsp. cherry flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease and flour two 8" round pans.
- Combine all the cake box ingredients along with the cherry preserves and flavoring. Mix per box instructions and pour into prepared pans.
- Bake immediately for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Optional: Once cakes have completely cooled, tort, fill, and frost with whipped dark chocolate ganache for a chocolate covered cherry flavored cake.