Posted by JanHTender, moist cake with fine crumb.
Elvis Presley's Favorite pound cake
- 3 cups sugar 1/2 lb butter, softened 7 large eggs, room temperature 3 cups cake flour, sifted twice 1 cup heavy whipping cream (heavy cream) 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or can use 2 tsp. almond, or 1 tsp of both vanilla and almond). Can also use lemon, orange, or your favorite extract.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 1. Grease and flour a 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- 2. Thoroughly cream together sugar and butter.
- 3. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4. Add Vanilla. (Or your extract of choice.)
- 5. Mix in half the flour, then the whipping cream, then the other half of
- the flour.
- 6. Pour into prepared pan.
- 7. Bake 60-80 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 8. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- 10. Remove from pan and cool thoroughly.