Posted by cindy531
Very moist and plenty of banana in this cake. It will become one of your favorites...if you like banana bread.
Cindy's Banana Bread
- 2 Sticks of butter, melted
- 5 over-ripe bananas
- 2 ½ cups of sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups of AP flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- In a large bowl place butter, bananas, sugar and mash well. A potato masher works well for this part.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl place the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix all ingredients well with a fork.
- Add one cup of flour at a time to the wet ingredients and blend well with a whisk until all the flour is incorporated.
- This recipe makes two loaves. Pour batter in to a well greased loaf pan. Do not fill to the top as the batter will rise.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 70 to 80 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- *optional: you can add 1 cup of walnuts or chocolate chips to the batter.