Posted by babycakes88This is a very tasty, very moist recipe that I found on CC and modified to make it orange, everyone in my family LOVED it.
Chocolate Orange Cake
- 2 c all purpose flour 2 c sugar 1 ts salt 1 1/4 ts baking soda 1 c orange juice 1/2 c dutch processed cocoa 1 c buttermilk 3/4 c oil 2 large whole eggs 2 ts vanilla 2 tbsp grated orange peel
- Heat orange juice in microwave for 30 seconds or so until warm. Add cocoa powder. Stir until combined. Allow to cool.
- Mix dry ingredients in a mixer with whip until well incorporated.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, oil and vanilla. Add to dry ingredients while mixing. Scrape well and mix on low speed 2 minutes.
- Add cocoa mixture and orange peel and mix 1 more minute.
- Let batter rest 1 hour.
- Grease and flour pans and bake for 40 minutes.