A smooth chocolate no-bake cheesecake in a graham cracker crust. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™ Diabetic recipe collection. The complete Diabetic recipe collection is available by subscription only.
Diabetic Friendly Chocolate Cheesecake
- 1 (5.25 ounce) package sugar-free chocolate graham crackers, crushed
- 1/3 cup reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- 1 (.25 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 (8 ounce) packages 1/3-less-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 14 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute with aspartame (such as Equal Spoonful)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 5 (0.6 ounce) sugar-free chocolate wafer bars, coarsely chopped (such as Sweet ‘N Low)
1 Combine first 3 ingredients, stirring well. Press into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool on a wire rack.
2 Sprinkle gelatin over milk in a small saucepan; let stand 1 minute. Cook over low heat, stirring until gelatin dissolves, about 2 minutes. Let cool slightly.
3 Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add vanilla, beating well. Add gelatin mixture, beating until smooth. Add sugar substitute and cocoa; beat just until blended. Pour mixture into prepared crust. Cover and chill at least 3 hours or until set. Before serving, top with chopped wafers.