This is an alternative to the classic recipe that calls for Powdered Sugar. My Husband and I use it to frost Fruit Cocktail Cake. Try it on Applesauce, Spice, Banana or Carrot Cake, too.
Brown Sugar Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon honey
1 Melt butter and allow to cool.
2 In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, butter, brown sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Beat with an electric mixer. When mixture starts to stiffen, stop mixer and add honey.
3 Continue to beat until light and fluffy. Do not over mix, or it will collapse.
4 Spread immediately and store cake in refrigerator.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment