This is the most delicious Boston Cream Pie ever. Discovered it by accident while trying to use of my cake scraps. Its fabulous!
Outrageous Boston Cream Pie
- 1 12.5 ounce bag of Giradehli milk chocolate chips
- 2 pint heavy whipping cream (divided)
- 1 small box of french vanilla pudding
- 1 cup crushed oreo cookies
- 1 box Pillsbury butter recipe cake mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter (i use land o lakes margerine)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 9″ round pans
- Empty chocolate chips into small bowl. Heat 1 pint of heavy cream until almost boiling point. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate chips. Let stand until melted. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Crush oreos. Set aside. Pour dry pudding into bowl of mixer. Add 1 pint of heavy cream. Mix on low speed until almost set. Stir in crushed oreos by hand. Refridgerate.
- Cream butter in mixer. Sift cake mix into bowl. Add water and begin to mix on low speed adding eggs one at a time until incorporated. Scrape down sides and add sour cream mixing until well blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pans. Bake at 325 for 30-35 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Release from pan and cool completely.
- To assemble: Place 1 cake layer on serving plate. Top with oreo cookie/pudding mixture. Top with second cake layer. Pour cooled ganache over entire cake. Chill if desired or if you’re like me and can’t wait……….eat immediately. Keep refridgerated.
This sounds good. I will give it a try and post the results.
oh my...its great to see a delicious looking recipe I can easily convert to New Zealand ingredients. I am printing this out and will give it a go at my next swap dinner party, I fully expect them to be wowed! Thanks for posting it :o)
Login To Leave A Comment