These cookies are like the ones found in your local Mexican bakery.Iâm sure your going to love them!
- 2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (plus extra for dusting baked cookies)
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tsp salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Wilton pink food coloring
- 1. Cream shortening and powder sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- 2. Add vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- 3. Add pink food coloring. Mix well.
- 4. Add flour. Mix until combined (do not over mix).
- 5. Shape into 2 inch balls (about 2 Tbsp)
- 6. Place on cookie sheet (aligned with parchment paper) and flatten cookie down with palm of hand; space cookies at least 3 inches apart
- 7. Bake at 350 degrees F. between 15 and 18 minutes.
- 8. Cool for 15 minutes the dust cookies with powder sugar.
do you think you could replace the shortening with butter or coconul oil?
i made this polvorones but they flatten too much,could be to much shortening please help me
You could replace with butter but it won't be the same texture. This cookies have a tender texture like a shortbread. Also the cookies should not turn out to flat you may want to cut back on the shortening...I say about 1/4 to 1/2 cup. Sorry I took so long to reply, I didn't realize I had responses!
I TRIED THIS RECIPE AND IT WAS DELICIOUS
These ARE the pink coolies we grew up with and still love them! PERFECT!
Yummy must try this one dad lovessss polvorones, by any chance do u know how to do the peanut polvorones ones? My dad really loves that kind well we all do :)
Login To Leave A Comment