These cookies are like the ones found in your local Mexican bakery.I’m sure your going to love them!
- 2 cups vegetable shortening (Crisco)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (plus extra for dusting baked cookies)
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 Tsp salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- Wilton pink food coloring
- 1. Cream shortening and powder sugar on medium speed until creamy.
- 2. Add vanilla and salt. Mix well.
- 3. Add pink food coloring. Mix well.
- 4. Add flour. Mix until combined (do not over mix).
- 5. Shape into 2 inch balls (about 2 Tbsp)
- 6. Place on cookie sheet (aligned with parchment paper) and flatten cookie down with palm of hand; space cookies at least 3 inches apart
- 7. Bake at 350 degrees F. between 15 and 18 minutes.
- 8. Cool for 15 minutes the dust cookies with powder sugar.