This cake is delicious. It is reminiscent of my favorite cookie-the snickerdoodle. While it is not exactly like the snickerdoodle it is very close. Delicious with cinnamon buttercream!
Revised Snickerdoodle Cake w/Cinnamon BC
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 c whole milk
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 c powdered sugar, sifted
- 3-4 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 8â³ or 9â³ pans.
- With an electric mixer, combine cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Once combined, scrape down sides of bowl and increase to medium speed to for 2-3 minutes or until well combined. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake approx. 27-30 min. Cakes will be golden brown and spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 min. then remove from pans and cool completely.
- When cool fill and ice with cinnamon buttercream.
- To make cinnamon buttercream:
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and 3 T of milk, and slowly add powdered sugar. After all powdered sugar is added, increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy. Add additional milk as necessary to get desired consistency.
You probably donât want to know!
I HAD to bake this as soon as I saw it... and WOW it is TOTALLY DELISH! Thanks for posting it, this one is a new family fav!
I made this as soon as I saw it, too! Snickerdoodle cookies are BY FAR my fave cookie - how could I resist?! I made mini-cuppies and gave them to my guinea pigs (a.k.a. former employer!) and they loved them! Of course, I saved a few for myself as well and they were DELICIOUS!!! I only wish I would've kept more!!!!
My whole family loved this cake and bc!!!
Amazing! It held up good and tasted wonderful!
What is the measurement for a stick of butter?? Is it 1/2 cup?? I would really like to try this recipe.
I made these as cupcakes....Very yummy!!! :) Thanks for the recipe!!!
Just made this cake , and it is great , BC was a little sweet for my taste but with a little more butter , a winner in my Book. Great Cake
What's up with step 5? Is it to take a break? :)
This recipe looks really good! :)
O my goodness! I absolutely love this recipe! This is amazing. I did not use the BC recipe given with this but instead my own BC and Fondant. Huge raves for it. Definately a new favorite!
I would love to try this cake but what is the reason for the milk being WHOLE milk? I am lactose intolerant to anything more than skim and wondering if I use skim milk, if it will turn out? Any help is appreciated.
I didn't make the cake but will try it next time. I just needed a recipe for cinnamon bc and this one was amazing. The first batch I made exactly as written the second batch instead of milk I used a pumpkin spice cream I had on hand and it was even more yummy. Will certainly make this again.
Ok, so a year later almost, i find myself making these again, only as cupcakes.... YUMMMMM-O. Ty Jenthecakelady again for sharing such a wonderful recipe!
if it's not possible to get cake mix then what do i do? i live in Denmark and we don't really have that here!!
Wow. These were a huge hit at my HS reunion barbeque! I made about 14 different cupcake/icing/filling combinations and the Snickerdoodles were among the faves! So many compliments. Big hit in our house!
The cinnamon buttercream frosting was perfect for my mini cupcakes!! Thank you!!! :) :)
I made these yesterday and they turned out so yummy!!! Thank you for sharing...this is a keeper for sure!!! YUMMMMMMM
This is fantastic! I made this as cupcakes and could not resist the smell of them. Had to eat one before they cooled. I normally don't like warm cake, but this was soooo good. The icing is awesome too. This recipe is definitely a keeper and will now be a flavor I offer when I make a cake for someone.
I made this cake and took it to a friends house, it was gone in 10min. This is a great cake! Thanks for sharing.
Delicious cake and BC! My family love its!
Login To Leave A Comment