This cake is delicious. It is reminiscent of my favorite cookie-the snickerdoodle. While it is not exactly like the snickerdoodle it is very close. Delicious with cinnamon buttercream!
Revised Snickerdoodle Cake w/Cinnamon BC
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 c whole milk
- 1/2 c (1 stick) butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 2 t ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 c powdered sugar, sifted
- 3-4 T milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare 2 8″ or 9″ pans.
- With an electric mixer, combine cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon. Once combined, scrape down sides of bowl and increase to medium speed to for 2-3 minutes or until well combined. Divide between prepared pans.
- Bake approx. 27-30 min. Cakes will be golden brown and spring back when gently pressed.
- Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 min. then remove from pans and cool completely.
- When cool fill and ice with cinnamon buttercream.
- To make cinnamon buttercream:
- Beat butter with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add cinnamon, vanilla, and 3 T of milk, and slowly add powdered sugar. After all powdered sugar is added, increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy. Add additional milk as necessary to get desired consistency.
You probably don’t want to know!