- 1 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened 1 1/4. c. baking cocoa
- 4 c. sugar 1 tsp salt
- 8 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour 2 c. chopped walnuts**
**I toast my nuts before adding them to the recipe. (350º for about5-8 min)
Use this glazed icing or your own favorite chocolate frosting.
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine 5 TB milk
- 1 1/2 (1 1/2 oz) squares unsweetened 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar Add’l chopped walnuts (opt.)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla and walnuts. Spread into a greased 15″ x 10″ x 1″ baking pan. Bake at 325* for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for icing, melt the butter and the chocolate. Place in a mixing bowl. Add half of the powdered sugar, mix well. Add milk vanilla and remaining sugar and beat until smooth. Spread immediately over warm brownies. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.