- 1 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened 1 1/4. c. baking cocoa
- 4 c. sugar 1 tsp salt
- 8 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 c. all-purpose flour 2 c. chopped walnuts**
**I toast my nuts before adding them to the recipe. (350º for about5-8 min)
Use this glazed icing or your own favorite chocolate frosting.
- 1/2 c. butter or margarine 5 TB milk
- 1 1/2 (1 1/2 oz) squares unsweetened 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 c. powdered sugar Add’l chopped walnuts (opt.)
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in vanilla and walnuts. Spread into a greased 15″ x 10″ x 1″ baking pan. Bake at 325* for 40-45 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, for icing, melt the butter and the chocolate. Place in a mixing bowl. Add half of the powdered sugar, mix well. Add milk vanilla and remaining sugar and beat until smooth. Spread immediately over warm brownies. Sprinkle with nuts, if desired.
No Comments Yet
Login To Leave A Comment