Simple and really tasty.
Orange Cranberry Cake
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 cups dried cranberries (I like to put 1 cup in food processor and pulse a few times and keep the other cup of cranberries whole.)
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup oil
- 2 eggs
- ~ To be poured over cake and absorbed ~
- 1 cup orange juice (I prefer OJ with heavy pulp)
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together then add eggs, oil and buttermilk. Mix well.
- Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees in a greased/floured pan.
- Remove pan from oven poke holes in the top of cake with fork – pour one cup of Orange juice mixed with 1 cup of powdered sugar over cake until absorbed.
- I typically make this in a tube pan and eat it as is, but tastes great with icing as well.