Banana Bundt Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 scant cup mini choc. chips
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temp.
- 1 tbs. canola oil
- 1 1/2 – 1 3/4 cups mashed bananas (about 3-4)
- 1 cup sour cream
- - Generously spread cake release in 12-cup bundt pan.
- - Whisk flours, baking soda, & salt together; add in mini chips
- - Beat butter in mixing bowl until creamy. Add sugars and beat at med. until fluffy.
- - Beat in vanilla, then add eggs & canola oil and beat for approx. 2 min.
- - Add mashed bananas, mix on low speed.
- - Mix in 1/2 flour mixtures, once combined, mix in sour cream, then remaining flour mixture. Scrap down sides of bowl as needed.
- - Evenly fill bundt pan, tap pan on counter to smooth batter.
- - Bake at 350 for 65-75 min. until toothpick comes out clean. If browning sooner, tent with foil. Cool for 10 min. before removing from pan. once cooled, wrap in plastic wrap – it’s even better the next day. Keeps at room temp for up to 5 dadys, freeze up to 2 months.
Well, bananas & whole wheat flour are healthy, beyond that, don’t ask.