This a fondant that I came up with trying to make it taste good! It is not going to yield a true white, but if you are going to color it, it doesn’t matter. This is very yummy!! My Son LOVES it!!
Not White MM Fondant
- 3 Tbsp Water
- 1/4 Butter Flavored Shortning (This is going to make it a light ivory color)
- 1 16 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp lemon juice (helps to balance the sweet taste)
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup powdered Milk (Dry)
- 2# powder sugar may or may not take it all.
- Like all the others you are going to have to lube everything! Make it like you would any other fondant.
- Place the water, shortening, salt and marshmallow to a micor safe bowl. In 40 min at a time, till liquid.
- Add the vanilla, lemon juice corn syrup.
- Sift the powdered sugar into the mix and add the powdered milk, before you get to the end of the sugar.
- Make sure you are all lubed up!!!
- when I added the milk powder at first it was a bit gritty, but after sitting over night I don’t feel the milk powder. I used my stand mixer with the dough hook to help me bring it together.