This is a recipe I found while trying out a million vanilla recipes. I loved it so much, i renamed it to sugar cookie vanilla cake because it is identical in taste to a sugar cookie. Since then, it’s been my most ordered cake flavor!! Had some requests for it, so here you go!
Sugar Cookie Vanilla Cake
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temp.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. vanilla
- 1 cup large eeg whites ( about 8)
- 1/2 cup milk, room temp.
- Preheat oven to 325
- Butter a 9×13 cake pan and line bottom w/parchment paper.
- Sift together flours and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add salt and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Gradually add egg whites on low speed of mixer.
- Add flour mixture in two parts alternating with the milk.
- Mix until combined; increase speed to high for 20 seconds.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then invert out of pan.