JaimeAnn’s Lemon filling
JaimeAnn’s Lemon Filling
1&1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1&1/2 cups water
- 3 egg yolks slightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 teaspoons lemon rind
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Mix sugar & cornstarch in medium saucepan, gradually stir in water
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly till mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil & stir 1-2 minutes. Gradually stir at least half of hot mixture into egg yolks.
- Blend it back into the pan. Boil & stir 2-3 minutes. ( if you don’t your filling
- will taste eggy). Remove from heat add butter lemon rind and lemon juice, mix well. Cool before using as cake filling , if using as pie filling you can pour it into a baked pie crust immediately.
thanks for this wonderful recipe! i hope my guests are also going to like it!
Does this filling need to be refrigerated?
Delicious! Not a big lemon fan, but a customer wanted lemon cake. This was yummy even for me :-) Thanks!
I love this recipe! I've used it several times now and every time it comes out perfect, very easy to make and everyone loves it! Thanks for a great recipe!
Very easy and firmed up quickly. I saved a small amount and ate it like pudding!
Login To Leave A Comment