- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur, such as Frangelico
- 3 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 to 3 tablespoons half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon of Meringue powder
- Cream butter with an electric mixer at medium speed. Add Frangelico. Gradually add confectioners sugar and meringue powder, alternating with half-and-half, beginning and ending with powdered sugar. Beat until mixture reaches spreading consistency.
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh great idea for a twist on a normal buttercream. Don't mean anything by 'normal'. Have been looking for two hours at 'buttercream' recipes and they all are about the same..powdered sugar and shortning. That spells sweet to me but adding the hazelnut liqueur great idea!!!!!
I've also been searching for a flavored buttercream to top chocolate cupcakes. I'm coloring the buttercream but I found a lot of recipes are based around flavors you can find in clear forms and often aren't very unique. I was originally thinking almond and then hazelnut hit me so I did a search to check it out. I'm going to try this out but not exactly as written. I want to do a half butter/shortening version with confectioners sugar and heavy cream. I'm hoping because the volume of alcohol is minimal it won't adversely affect the dairy (not sure if meringue powder is intentioally used for this reason). I'm gonna make a test version to make sure...
I would like to make this for a baby shower cake i am making but I am not sure about the alcohol. How long would it take for it to be safe for the mom-to-be? Could I make the BC in advance and store in the fridge? If so how long? New at this so any help is much appreciated.
Login To Leave A Comment