I couldnât find a lemon poppy seed cake that sounded like what I wanted, so I started with the oil based wasc (half recipe), and added from there. Itâs great with almond sour cream icing.
Lemon PoppySeed WASC variation
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 box lemon pudding
- ÃÂ½ t salt
- 2 heaping tbsp poppy seeds
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp veg oil
- 2/3 c water
- 2/3 c lemon juice
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 cup sour cream
- Sift the first 4 ingriedients together in a large bowl.
- Mix in the poppyseeds until theyâre evening distributed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes on 325.
- (my oven is old and I havenât check the temps in awhile, so donât quote me on that!) Even though they were only 9in rounds, I used a flower nail in each due to how thick the batter was. I donât know if it was necessary, but it worked for me.
Nutrition? What on earth is that?!
I am fairly new to this cake site and was hoping you could tell me what WASC stands for. Thanx can't wait to try this recipe.
white almond sour cream cake. you can do a search on the recipe here on the site.
could i change the lemon to amaretto? I am searching for a amaretto poppy-seed recipe... its worth trying.. not sure exactly what to switch..
Are you using instant pudding and what size box or oz for the pudding?
I use a 3.4 ounce instant pudding box (the small box). I've used box regular and sugar free with equal success.
What goes in No. 3??
mamcole: I have no idea where number 3 went! Number 3 is: Pour (or really, spoon it, as it's rather thick) the batter into your prepared pan(s). I use 3 8x2 rounds or one 9x13
Is the salt just supposed to be 1/2 tsp? Or is the A that is in front of the 1/2 supposed to be a 1 to make it 1 1/2 tsp salt???
Login To Leave A Comment