I found this recipe on another site, and it is the easiest most simple recipe I’ve ever found.
T’s Marshmallow fondant
- 1/4 cup or less of crisco
- 16 oz mini marshmallows (Kraft)
- 1 tsp clear vanilla
- 1 tsp butter flavor (extract)
- 2 tbsp water
- 2lb bag of powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1. Grease inside of microwafeable safe bowl with Crisco.
- 2. Put marshmallows, flavorings, and water into bowl.
- 3. Microwave on high for 60 seconds. If not completely melted, stir and microwave at 30 sec intervals.
- 4. Put powdered sugar into large mixer bowl. (Fit stand mixer with dough hook) I use a wooden spoon. I don’t like how my kitchen aide mixer does.
- 5. Mix until well incorporated.
- 6. Prepare work surface with sifted powdered sugar.
- 7. Turn fondant out onto work surface. Knead fondant into loaf. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap for at least 1 hour before using.
- 8. To store fondant: Wrap in plastic wrap, and then put into resealable plastic bag. Squeeze out as much air as possible. Fondant will keep very well in fridge for weeks.
- I just covered my first cake with my marshmallow fondant, for a woman who has had fondant covered cakes before. And she just called me and told me how WONDERFUL my fondant was. She said it was the BEST she has ever eaten. And she will definitely be ordering from me again and again. I hope everyone loves it as much as I have. it works very very well for fondant figures as well. TFL!